Oil specifications

Oil specifications

This is a discussion on Oil specifications within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I know the Evoque manual states that a 5W-30 oil meeting WSS-M2C913-C must be used. As I am sure most of you have found out, ...

Member #

Oil specifications

I know the Evoque manual states that a 5W-30 oil meeting WSS-M2C913-C must be used. As I am sure most of you have found out, there isn't an easy way to find an oil that has that specification on the label. I think the Castrol Edge Professional which you can't easily purchase is about the only option. However most oils I have look at mention the WSS-M2C946-A specification. I have looked to see how these specifications are related to see if one supersedes the other but I haven't found anything. But I did look in a 2015 Ford Fusion owner's manual and saw that for the 2.0L Ecoboost the specification mentioned is 5W-30 WSS-M2C946-A. Since this is the same motor I am sure the WSS-M2C946-A oils will work fine, however I wonder if Land Rover could refuse to honor the warranty if there is an engine issue and I didn't use the WSS-M2C913-C oil? From what I have read in the past they would have to prove that somehow using the different oil caused the problem, but I was wondering if anyone else had an more info. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I have a MY13 Evoque Pure Plus Coupe. During the warranty period I had the dealer change the oil, so there could be no issues if I had a problem.
    You may want to consider doing the same.

I just did my first at home oil change. I used Castrol EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30, and a Fram XG3614 oil filter. The Fram XG series in specifically designed to be used with full synthetic oil. I'm not worried about not using the Castrol Professional oil. It's not easy to find.

Member #
    Thanks. I was planning on that same oil with the Mobil 1 M102-A filter.

So I assume you didn't buy an extended warranty? I would like to buy one that goes to 100,000 miles but they can be very expensive. But it seems everyone I talk to thinks I should buy one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    No, I didn't buy an extended warranty. You're betting you are going to have a problem, the warranty company is betting you don't. I guess I'm willing to take the risk. Our Evoque only does about 2,000 miles a year. A garage queen, and grocery getter for the wife.

Member #
    Mine will be a regular driver, but in the past I put about 9000 per year on my G35 and about 3000 on my small pickup. For now I still have that car and will drive it when it rains. But I expected no more than 10,000 per year. I have never owned a LR before, but hear lots of bad stories. I guess regardless of the reliability, one issue is the cost of repair, but I guess that is why the warranties are so expensive for this car.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    I have a MY13 Evoque Pure Plus Coupe. During the warranty period I had the dealer change the oil, so there could be no issues if I had a problem.
    You may want to consider doing the same.

I just did my first at home oil change. I used Castrol EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30, and a Fram XG3614 oil filter. The Fram XG series in specifically designed to be used with full synthetic oil. I'm not worried about not using the Castrol Professional oil. It's not easy to find.
    Just did my Evoque 2016 oil change using Castrol Edge Professional from Amazon. And oil filter LR096524 from ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ads