Change front and rear differential fluids at 2nd service?

This is a discussion on Change front and rear differential fluids at 2nd service? within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; The 2016 Evoque maintenance schedule doesn't say anything about when to change the front /rear differential fluid. But as part of the routine second servicing, ...

Member #

The 2016 Evoque maintenance schedule doesn't say anything about when to change the front /rear differential fluid.

But as part of the routine second servicing, the Dealer says I should change these fluids for ~$400. My evoque is used for pleasure city driving, never been offroad.

Does anyone else change these fluids on a regular basis?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have a 2014 and use the dealership for all my Service they have never mentioned servicing the differential I think your dealers trying to pad the profit
    Last edited by Jimbo659; 07-24-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Member #
    Thanks... the $1000 total price tag for the service tipped me off that I was being hosed (there's a bunch of other items on the list that make no sense)... I think the oil and pollen filter change that the service manual says should be in the $200 range...

So far my experience with both the Dealers I've tried have been abysmal ... I feel like dealing with a Kia dealership would be better. When I read through the forum, there's so much Dealer bashing going on that my experience hardly seems unique.

Now I need to know how to work with these guys so I don't screw up the warranty... there's one more dealer in my area I can try ... sigh

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I believe in your owners manual it will tell you what maintenance is required for warranty purposes and all I have had done on my car through my dealership is the oil changed and cabin filter and miscellaneous warranty recall items but the only reason why i have the cabin filter done was the dealership picked up my first service and Range Rover did my second service at no cost so I am working with a fairly reliable dealership lucky me
    Note by law they cannot require you to do your service at the dealership you are free to find any non-dear qualified mechanic to do the oil changes and any other service work that needs to be done just do your due diligence to make sure they know how to work on range rover for service work it should not be that bad and anything else is warranty and that is free to you

Ads