Coolant leak

Coolant leak

This is a discussion on Coolant leak within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Ok so wife left the driveway yesterday and there was a lot of coolant in the driveway, orange coolant. I texted her and told her ...

Thread: Coolant leak

Member #

Coolant leak

Ok so wife left the driveway yesterday and there was a lot of coolant in the driveway, orange coolant.
    I texted her and told her to watch it closely and come back as soon as she could.

Its parked right now and will look at it this afternoon.

Is there a common place they tend to leak from near the back of the firewall area?

I am hoping its just a hose or loose clamp.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Had a coolant leak in my 2014 that turned out to be a bad water pump.

Member #
    Nope this is the twist connectors for the heater hose. It was a bitch to get out, and a new one is on the way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I had a slow leak of coolant in my 2012 Pure Plus. When I went to add coolant during another low coolant warning, I found the expansion tank cap stuck so tight in the expansion bottle that the top of the cap separated from the plug portion requiring its removal by vice grips. New cap (Gates). Leak pin pointed by my local Land Rover shop at 72,000 miles. It turned out to be the heater hoses (not easy to change!) Got the Evoque back and had no issues for two plus weeks. Then, after a long drive in city traffic, we park for lunch and retuned to a large spill of coolant. This purging would occur again and again at shut down especially after long slow traffic drives. It appeared to be from the expansion tank (the over flow port is cast into the bottle itself just inboard from the cap underside). I replace the tank - not a hard task. Still purging! Then I replace the cap again (this time with genuine Rover) and voila fixed. She is holding her water. I suspect it was the interface between the expansion bottle and the cap It could not hold the maximum press (21 PSI) and heat reach at shut down after long slow hot drives. It was not found at the shop because the cap and the bottle are checked separately and not together in their operational positions. The bottle and cap cost less then $100.

Member #
    I have just noticed coolant drip from bottom towards the back of engine. This is my first rover and I am not familiar with the engine set up at all. 2012 evoque dynamic premium.

Ads