Oil catch can installation

This is a discussion on Oil catch can installation within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Good Day all. New to that great forum and community of Rover Lovers. This is my second Range Rover ( my first was a big ...

Member #

Good Day all.

New to that great forum and community of Rover Lovers.

This is my second Range Rover ( my first was a big old Range rover 20 years ago ) and it is a 2015 Evoque pure plus.

Now to my question to you guys.

anyone installed a oil catch can on the 2.0L Turbo engines?

Any help - pictures and installation guides - tips and tricks are very welcome.

thanks a lot and thanks again for having me in here.

Mischa
    Last edited by Darthmischa; 06-12-2018 at 08:13 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I am surprised to see that no one had either installed one or knows about it on an Evoque

Given the fact that the engine ( Ford Eco boost 2L Turbo ) is having like all GDI engines - a lot of problems with intake valve carbonization / depositing

anyone?

Please

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmischa View Post
    I am surprised to see that no one had either installed one or knows about it on an Evoque

Given the fact that the engine ( Ford Eco boost 2L Turbo ) is having like all GDI engines - a lot of problems with intake valve carbonization / depositing

anyone?

Please

This doesn't seem to be a DIY crowd. But I am wanting to install one of these too. I saw a video for installing one on the Escape, but I can't find much info on the Evoque. Did you ever install yours?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmy999 View Post
    This doesn't seem to be a DIY crowd. But I am wanting to install one of these too. I saw a video for installing one on the Escape, but I can't find much info on the Evoque. Did you ever install yours?
    Agreed; and not necessarily performance oriented either.

I havent actually noticed a excess of carbon build up on the intakes; especially compared to the DI mini's. I think i have 50k + miles. The main culprit of any carbon build up is blow by; by old turbo bearings. I wouldnt necessarily say
    an OCC is worth it. But it looks pretty straight forward to make one.
    It doesnt look like the gases are monitored for the PCV you could consider just blocking it, Audi has plug pcv plug caps, Part # unknown

Member #
    I too am surprised there arent more people modifying their Evoques. Outside of Kahn and one company in Malasia that makes (really good) suspension/frame upgrades, I'm not seeing much action for improved performance on these extremely capable cars. All I've seen, that's easily accessible, are wheels tires, spacers, valve stem caps, decals, carbon fiber replacement parts for exterior and interior trim, and an exhaust system or two. The wide body kits I've seen are a. Super expensive and b. Gawdy and tacky. Not even a good looking center exhaust system. Anyway, since this IS a Ford sourced EcoBoost engine (the 2.0l turbo), there should be plenty of mods that can be sourced from the escape or focus ST. Does anyone know the true differences? I know I can use the blow off valves made for the focus ST on my evoque, and possibly the cold air intake from the ST (and even the cobalt SS). Anything else? Oil catch can should be similar too, yeah?

Ads