PotentialProblem

PotentialProblem

This is a discussion on PotentialProblem within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Left my Evoque out in the driveway yesterday. During the time in the driveway, it rained hard. I got into the vehicle to put it ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

PotentialProblem

Left my Evoque out in the driveway yesterday. During the time in the driveway, it rained hard. I got into the vehicle to put it into the garage and car would not move...the parking break was engaged??? I had not put on this brake so I don't know how this happened. Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    The parking break sets itself and releases automatically for your normal typical usage. It's set every time you shutdown. Just yesterday I got in and went to move my car up about a foot and put it in drive and it wouldn't move. I had the door open a couple of inches and had to manually disengage the brake.

So the auto-setting is normal and after yesterday I'd ask if you had your driver's door closed all the way too.

Or some other detail we need to know?

Member #
    cousin.it is right it auto engages but should auto disengage when put in gear. Did pulling the switch on the console work to disengage it?
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    When I moved forward, the hand break did not disengage..so I did it manually..it worked!

Member #
    Yes, infinus pulling the brake manually released the brake but my concern was that the brake did NOT disengage when I tried to drive it..it should automatically release. Anyone else have this problem?

Member #
    It wont disengage if the doors were not fully shut I noticed mine does this when I'm too quick to shift into gear before fully shutting the door.
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchgeekLdibari View Post
    Yes, infinus pulling the brake manually released the brake but my concern was that the brake did NOT disengage when I tried to drive it..it should automatically release. Anyone else have this problem?

dont know if we have the same parts that has problems coz recently I changed my brake calipers and pads but now car won't move after braking. They say its the drum shoes that has needs to be replaced. I'll check those you've mentioned.

Member #
    The brake will also remain engaged with the vehicle not moving, engine running, doors closed and the vehicle on a semi-steep incline/decline. I've noticed this stuck in stand-still traffic on a hill. Lifting my foot off the brake pedal and slowly move it over to depress the accelerator and I feel the brakes disengage as I give it slightly more gas. I believe this is similar to what some manual trans vehicles use to assist the driver in helping to engage the clutch on a hill AND this same system is used on the Hill Descent feature.

I've also noticed that my pads are very sticky & grippe when cold. I can see this system getting stuck a bit with cold pads, on a hilly driveway and wet out.
    Last edited by EvoGoon; 08-22-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoGoon View Post
    The brake will also remain engaged with the vehicle not moving, engine running, doors closed and the vehicle on a semi-steep incline/decline. I've noticed this stuck in stand-still traffic on a hill. Lifting my foot off the brake pedal and slowly move it over to depress the accelerator and I feel the brakes disengage as I give it slightly more gas. I believe this is similar to what some manual trans vehicles use to assist the driver in helping to engage the clutch on a hill AND this same system is used on the Hill Descent feature.

I've also noticed that my pads are very sticky & grippe when cold. I can see this system getting stuck a bit with cold pads, on a hilly driveway and wet out.
    Ah yes I forgot about Hill Start Assist!
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    Correct, all part of the Hill Start and Descent Assist system/features.

Watchgeekldibari - I agree that these systems should disengage the brakes when applying enough gas pedel. If you find this is happening too often after being parked on a hill you probably should take it back to the dealer so they can check out the gas pedal sensor, programming or to apply the appropriate backout adjustments on the brake pads.
    Last edited by EvoGoon; 08-23-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads