Torque Values Spark Plus & Strut Bar

Torque Values Spark Plus & Strut Bar

This is a discussion on Torque Values Spark Plus & Strut Bar within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hey Everybody, I've been searching far and wide and can't seem to find any torque specs. For the strut bar and the spark plugs for ...

Member #

Lightbulb Torque Values Spark Plus & Strut Bar

Hey Everybody,

I've been searching far and wide and can't seem to find any torque specs. For the strut bar and the spark plugs for a 2013.Hoping someone out there has it.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

Looking at the Factory Service Manual, the spark plugs are to be torqued to 12 Nm or 9 lb-ft. Doesn't seem all that tight, but that's what's in the manual. As a comparison, I looked in my BMW Service Manual, and the spark plug torque is 18 lb-ft, again in an Aluminum head. I'd start with what the manual says, and if it doesn't seem tight enough, go a little more, but at least you have some idea of what it should be.

As you have to remove the coils to get to the spark plugs, you'll need the torque for the "Coil on Plug Retaining Bolt" which is 8 Nm or 6 lb-ft.

In the battery section of the manual I found - The "Vehicle Body Brace Retaining Bolts" torque is 25 Nm or 18 lb-ft. I believe this would be what we would call the strut brace.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Should also have given you the recommended spark plugs, NGK, and the gap is 0.8mm or 0.031 inches.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 10-05-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Member #
    9lb that does seem a bit low, especially for a turbo. That is what the I-4 Eco boosts lists as the torque specs to so I guess that's comforting. That does make me wonder how much boost the Evoque's are actually getting? Forgot to add that i'm talking about a 2013, if they did switch the engine at some point.

Otherwise thanks for the info.

Ads