Rotating tires

Rotating tires

This is a discussion on Rotating tires within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I have a 2015 Dynamic. I have the owners manual with the maintenance schedule booklet and I have the factory service manual. The service manual ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rsquared
  • 1 Post By Rsquared

Thread: Rotating tires

Member #

Rotating tires

I have a 2015 Dynamic. I have the owners manual with the maintenance schedule booklet and I have the factory service manual. The service manual is actually for a 2014 and earlier (no 9 speed tranny info) as it seems there are not 2015 and newer Evoque service manuals available. Anyway, I can't find the recommended tire rotating sequence in any of these manuals. Normally it is in the owners manual. On line I have seen several people say LR recommends just side to side (so swap FR with FL and RR with RL) and never do a front to back rotate. But if the tires aren't directional I have always thought for front wheel drive vehicles moving front to back and then bring back to front while crisscrossing is the best way. What is everyone else doing?

Attachment 3710

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I just rotated my tires, and I used the "Rear and Four Wheel Drive" method. Seemed to make the most sense, as it is a four wheel drive vehicle.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    I just rotated my tires, and I used the "Rear and Four Wheel Drive" method. Seemed to make the most sense, as it is a four wheel drive vehicle.
    yeah, I thought that too. But what changed my mind is that most traditional 4WD vehicles were rear wheel drive most of the time. the only time the fronts worked was when you enabled 4WD mode. The Evoque is front wheel drive most of the time and only sends power to the rear when need or if in 4WD mode. However my 2015 was in for a warranty repair a while back and I had (I think) a 2017. The display had a mode where it would show where and how the drive power was being routed. I was surprised at how often power was being sent to the rear. If you drove it very carefully with no sudden acceleration, then nothing was sent to the rear. But if you accelerate hard quite a bit was sent to the rear.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I have a MY13 Evoque Coupe, it is full time four wheel drive. Some of the newer Evoques can be ordered with the "Active Driveline" option. They are front wheel drive until more traction is needed, and then the rear wheels are engaged. It depends on the MY and options ordered. I used the "Rear Wheel Four Wheel Drive" option since mine is full time four wheel drive.
    lemmy999 likes this.

Member #
    you learn something new every day. I had no idea that they made any Evoque full time 4WD. I didn't even know that was ever an option. I purchased mine used but I still have the window sticker from when it was new. What option do you look for to see if it is full time 4WD?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I think the Active Driveline feature was introduced in the MY14 Evoques. The 2012s and 2013s came standard with full time four wheel drive. I'm not sure if it was initially an option, or if they started including it as a standard feature in the newer models. Hard to keep up with all of the changes over the model years.
    lemmy999 likes this.

Ads