Gas Smell coming from exterior and interior

This is a discussion on Gas Smell coming from exterior and interior within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Ok, for months now LR dealership and I have been back and forth on finding the culprit and hoping others have something helpful?!! Around the ...

Member #

Ok, for months now LR dealership and I have been back and forth on finding the culprit and hoping others have something helpful?!!
    Around the outside of the 2012 Evoque you can smell raw fuel. Same now on the inside and assuming it’s coming up from the engine area into the intake to get inside the car. They have replaced the gasket at the fuel tank and you could see stains there. Now that hasn’t improved the Smell at all and now they are saying they found a small crack in the turbo. I thought there wasn’t any gas involved at the turbo part of the process flow? Does this make sense? Before I spend that kind of money I wanted to understand better and can’t find any supporting evidence.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

The Ford EcoBoost engine has a "direct injection" fuel system. Meaning the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder. The only thing that passes through the turbo, and the intake valve, is air.
    This doesn't mean you don't have a bad turbo, just that it isn't likely the raw fuel smell is coming from there.

Hope you get it sorted, let us know how you make out.

Member #
    Hi,
    Mine did this last year and i found that the weld on exhaust manifold failed in one corner. Bought a new updated manifold in cast iron, went to a local grage to change it and problem solved.
    G.

Ads