Tailgate not opening

Tailgate not opening

This is a discussion on Tailgate not opening within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; My tailgate on my 2015 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic is not opening no matter what button I press. It unlocks but does not raise up. ...

Member #

Tailgate not opening

My tailgate on my 2015 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic is not opening no matter what button I press. It unlocks but does not raise up. Well sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnít. If i do it 10 times, Iíd say three times it will open. The other times I have to manually force it open. But always closes. Pressed the close button for 30 seconds to clear the memory but didnít help. Took it to my local mechanic and told me it did not issue any faulty codes and referrer me to Land Rover. Removed the back cover, I can see two modules but not an expert to know what Iím really looking at. For the last week Iíve been googling it but nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Same problem on my 2015 Dynamic. Will watch for ideas.
    2015 De-Decaled Evoque Union SW1 Dynamic - Firenze Red - White Pano Roof - 360 surround camera - parking assist - etc. etc.

Member #
    My 2014 has had the same problem. I've had JLR look at it. Apparently, from what I understand is that there is a small separate battery that operates the accessories, including the tailgate lift. What they told me is that because I don't drive enough daily, it doesn't completely charge. After a long drive freeway, it works fine. When I've had it parked a few days, it will work just after I've driven it, then stops again. One of those annoying technology problems. Of course, I was raised in the days when you had to actually lift the tailgate if you wanted it opened. No soft button to just touch. So I just deal with it. Car is now out of warranty, so I don't want to pay a lot just for the same answers. If you find anything different, let me know too.

Ads