My Evoque is making high pitch squeaky noise?

This is a discussion on My Evoque is making high pitch squeaky noise? within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hello Just yesterday itís been 3 year and only 2 problem with my range battery and coolant leak. And this will be 3 rd problem ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lemmy999

Thread: My Evoque is making high pitch squeaky noise?

Member #

Hello

Just yesterday itís been 3 year and only 2 problem with my range battery and coolant leak. And this will be 3 rd problem

Today when I went to work my car was working just fine when I was coming back from work I turned on my car and when I Accelerated more than 30 km/h it started making the noise itís a high pitch noise and engine light came on...

I thinks itís timing belt or Serpentine Belt. My mechanic is not working this weekend so I will have to get it checked out on Monday.

My evoque is 2013 model and just over 88K

Anyone had similar issue or what can it be ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Is there any loss of power associated with this sound?

I am pretty sure the 2.0L Ecoboost doesn't have a timing belt. Also, if it did timing belts wouldn't make that sort of sound that a serpentine belt makes when they are slipping. Plus if a timing belt has an issue you will either have tremendous loss of power or even engine damage in an interference engine.

My car made a loud whining noise when I accelerated and had loss of power and it was a turbo failure. This is the sound it made:

Snrover likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmy999 View Post

I am pretty sure the 2.0L Ecoboost doesn't have a timing belt. Also, if it did timing belts wouldn't make that sort of sound that a serpentine belt makes when they are slipping. Plus if a timing belt has an issue you will either have tremendous loss of power or even engine damage in an interference engine.

My car made a loud whining noise when I accelerated and had loss of power and it was a turbo failure. This is the sound it made:

This is exactly the issue I am having
    Same thing
    My mechanic told me itís turbo issue as well

Were you able to get it fix ? If so how much did it cost ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmy999 View Post

So update on this

My mechanic Called me and let me know that itís turbo issue and itís about $3000 to fix it also call dealership my car is out of warranty so they are quoting me for $5000 cad price

How much does it usually cost to fix this issue ?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Snrover View Post
    So update on this

My mechanic Called me and let me know that it’s turbo issue and it’s about $3000 to fix it also call dealership my car is out of warranty so they are quoting me for $5000 cad price

Late to the party. Both of those prices sound right. Just so your aware The turbo is integrated into the exhaust manifold. You could just get another turbo and bolt it onto the existing exhaust manifold; depending on cost. But your probably better of just getting the whole package. As the manifolds tend to fail. Its not particularly hard to change one its more labor intensive then parts.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by aulus View Post
    Late to the party. Both of those prices sound right. Just so your aware The turbo is integrated into the exhaust manifold. You could just get another turbo and bolt it onto the existing exhaust manifold; depending on cost. But your probably better of just getting the whole package. As the manifolds tend to fail. Its not particularly hard to change one its more labor intensive then parts.
    Hey
    Itís okay I just went with my mechanic and everything will new turbo with 1 year warranty plus labour, parts and oil cost me $4.3k cad

Hopefully it will last me 2 years before I sell it

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Snrover View Post
    So update on this

My mechanic Called me and let me know that it’s turbo issue and it’s about $3000 to fix it also call dealership my car is out of warranty so they are quoting me for $5000 cad price

I was quoted $4k from the dealer. The list for that turbo from land rover is about $2600 and I think it is about a 6 or 7 hour job and there are other parts that are needed (new manifold bolts, new crush washers and gaskets for oil and water lines, new oil line filter, new manifold gasket, new turbo to downtube gasket, etc). I got a turbo for $1000 and I am installing it myself. It has been a bit of a job, but I could do it again much more quickly. I got a turbo from Turbo Parts Canada with a cast iron manifold (in hopes that it won't crack like the oem one does). I just bolted it up tonight but I have lots of more things to put back on before I can test it. The jury is still out on the quality, personally I think they are just grabbing some cheap manifold from China (they are on ebay) and bolting them up to a new or rebuild "cartridge" (the part with the bearing and the turbine wheels). I've had to do quite a bit to get the turbo to work for me. I had to modify a bracket and loosen up the cartridge and rotate it slightly so that the oil line and water lines would line up properly and not hit other things.

Ads