Transmission Filter Service
I owned an Evoque 2013 L538 this year and i am sourcing the service kit for future use.
Anybody know about the transmission filter part number for L538 or any suitable service kit to fit in?
I have a look to the owner manual and it shows the transmission fluid spec but no service info.
09-16-2019 08:47 PM
l538 is vague. Do you have a 6 speed or a 9.
It is a 6 speed transmission, any clues?
https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/20...ilter_kit.html its the bottom one that saws tranmission awf21
INMO its really not worth it to replace the filter. its pretty hard to get access. it face the radiator. As for changing the fluid, there is no pan. you need to do a dump drive around for 3k and do that a few times. There are two options to change the fluid. For fluid use Aisin Warner - WS - Yes its meant for volvo. AW transmissions are incredible picky about the fluid they use.
1. Remove airbox 10mm screw
2. Remove TCU ( its either a t30 or t40)
3. Remove tcu brackets (forget the bolt size there 2 different ones)
4. Remove intermediate shaft. theres like a bracket there uses a T something i forget the size. youll need to undue * Be sure to note the position its in because the tcu is connected to it) ( its recommend when you undue to replace it as its one time use - its like $80 for the dealer) if you reuse it be sure to locktight it but i dont recommend reusing)
4. Undue (T50 or T55 torque 40NM)
Fill from the bottom.
Either way you'll dump about 3.7
1. Remove drain plug (forget the size)
2. Remove drain plug level (17mm) (torque 47nm)
- there one unit in two pieces.
1. Install fill plug (47nm torque)(17mm)
2. Fill till fluid pours out and let drain.
3. Install drain plug.
4. Add .5l more with drain plug installed
CRITICAL - With car on
5. Warm the Transmission fluid to 122F - 140
6. Cycle through the PRNDL stop for 2-10 secs in each.
7. Remove drain plug and allow to drain until it drips out, i would say small stream id say till it stops but use your judgement
- i just got done finishing mine - the .5l is important because of the solenoid
I screwed up a while back and didnt put enough back in and lost some in the solenoid
and had to fill from the top. Normally I fill through the bottom.
Hope that makes everything clear.
Last edited by aulus; 10-05-2019 at 12:14 PM.