Low pressure fuel sensor - DTC P008B

This is a discussion on Low pressure fuel sensor - DTC P008B within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; 2013 Evoque, 2.0L 4 cylinder ecoboost engine. Check engine light came on, used my diagnostic tool and DTC P008B was thrown. Did some research and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cheents1

Thread: Low pressure fuel sensor - DTC P008B

Member #

2013 Evoque, 2.0L 4 cylinder ecoboost engine. Check engine light came on, used my diagnostic tool and DTC P008B was thrown. Did some research and found the technical bulletin to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Turned out to be the low pressure fuel sensor went bad, pretty easy fix once I gathered all the info. Put together a quick video with description of part number and links to diagnostic tool and technical bulletin so everything is in one place in case anyone needs it.

Link to video: https://youtu.be/q9FtcMQuocM
    lemmy999 likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

Looks like good information, and it could certainly help others with the same problem.

Member #
    Thanks! Took a few days for me to gather all of that information, figured it would be helpful if someone else is in the same boat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hi there. Found your video first and now this thread.

We have the same symptoms but finding the part is challenging. Searched for BU5Z-9F972-A with results that show that it is replaced by BU5Z-9F972-B? But the part -B pictures have BU5A-9F972-CA printed on it. Also the pin-out shows 3 pin in straight line. The one on our car has the middle pin offset by a row. Hoping to get additional clarification here.
    Last edited by evo13; 11-16-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by evo13 View Post
    Hi there. Found your video first and now this thread.

We have the same symptoms but finding the part is challenging. Searched for BU5Z-9F972-A with results that show that it is replaced by BU5Z-9F972-B? But the part -B pictures have BU5A-9F972-CA printed on it. Also the pin-out shows 3 pin in straight line. The one on our car has the middle pin offset by a row. Hoping to get additional clarification here.
    Sorry for the delayed response. I ordered the part from fordparts.com, part number was 8U5Z9F972A, this was in late September. I had no problems with fit, and the sensor has resolved my issue. I have the 2013 Evoque Pure.

Member #
    Ordered same part earlier in the week; website shows correct pin layout. Replaced unit and cleared the error code was easy peasy. Check engine light has not returned but we haven't used the car very much in the past couple days. Happy to see the defective unit that came out was stamped: FoMoCo 8W839F972AA.

Member #
    Glad to hear it worked out for you!

Member #
    Thanks for the video!

Ads