Transmission leaks and seal replacement

This is a discussion on Transmission leaks and seal replacement within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hi Folks Currently repairing a massive transmission leak in 2014 2.2L diesel with the ZF 9 speed auto. There was a chewed up soft seal ...

Member #

Hi Folks
    Currently repairing a massive transmission leak in 2014 2.2L diesel with the ZF 9 speed auto. There was a chewed up soft seal in the area (transfer had previously been removed for seal repair) which I believe is part #LR003155. I have no idea where it is supposed to go or how installed and the local dealer has tried but can't assist either. We have a massive manual that is also silent on this part. Can anyone assist with either an exploded view or procedure that may assist? we're desperate to get the car back together. Seal is approx 41mm ID and54mm OD...soft rubber and seems like a double seal in cross section. I've uploaded an image.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear of your transmission problem. Hard to believe the dealer can't offer any help. Would think they could get some assistance from Land Rover, or even go directly to ZF, the manufacturer of the transmission. It shouldn't be this hard

Member #
    Pleased to say we got there in the end, with assistance from LRA directly and local dealer resources. Client has gone home happily with a leak free vehicle.

Ads