Mirror noise

Mirror noise

This is a discussion on Mirror noise within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Does anyone know of a fix for the high-pitched whistle that happens at speed from both the side-view mirrors, both driver and passenger? I can ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wrenchbender412i

Thread: Mirror noise

Member #

Mirror noise

Does anyone know of a fix for the high-pitched whistle that happens at speed from both the side-view mirrors, both driver and passenger? I can stick my finger in the corner where the mirror body meets the arm, and the whistle stops, but since the mirrors fold, I can't figure out how to divert air around the mirror body that won't affect its folding.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Interesting find. Aerodynamics is not always just about diversion but also disruption. Try placing some type of small, upright object using two sided tape in that area to see if that accomplishes the same effect. It probably doesn't have to be that tall, maybe an inch or so in height, to be effective.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Interesting, I have not noticed that noice, but now I will listen for it.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    This whistle may be caused by the outer door aero seal not contacting the outer waist seal. The fix is to replace both outer door waist seals with an improved version. There is a bulletin out concerning this.
    Last edited by Wrenchbender412i; 09-02-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    malharden likes this.

Ads