iPod Connection - Display Stalling - Anyone else?? HELP

This is a discussion on iPod Connection - Display Stalling - Anyone else?? HELP within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I only use my iPod Touch for music in the car. I rarely listen to the radio. It connects just fine, the sound is great ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

I only use my iPod Touch for music in the car. I rarely listen to the radio. It connects just fine, the sound is great and the controls are on the screen so I can hide my iPod in the centre console. The issue I have is that after I play a few tracks or possibly skip a track, the display where it shows the "Title" of the song and "Time Elapsed" stall. The song keeps playing with no interruption. I can still skip tracks etc. with no problem. It seems like the system can't keep up with the iPod and once it falls behind, it stalls. So once the display stalls, it will stay like that until I disconnect the iPod and reconnect it. It's very annoying because it just looks bad (brand new car and the stereo is lagging) and I don't have my track information displayed on screen.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

I read that it might have to do with the iPod and how old it is. My iPod Touch is the first generation so it's old but it works just fine by itself and when I had it connected to other vehicles.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by EvoVan; 08-22-2012 at 10:39 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Just to eliminate any possible issues on the iPod side, did you try restoring the iPod to factory condition in iTunes? Truth at and see if it fixes it.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    I did not try that but I'll try that tonight. You think it's the iPod Touch and not the Evoque? It seems like the Evoque is the one lagging.

Thanks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I'm just trying to eliminate a variable it could be either one.
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    After trying the restore, and it doesn't work, I'd then ensure the iPod Touch is updated with the latest iOS fixes via iTunes. There are known issues with iTouch displays, especially first gens, freezing. Restoring, upgrading or restarting are your only options. I honestly don't believe it's the Evoque's OS.

Member #
    Ok so my car has been with the dealership for two days now. They were able to replicate the problem on my vehicle as well as another Evoque on the lot. They are trying to see what the issue is. My iPod touch is up to date. I'll hopefully hear from them today.

Member #
    Mine has the same issue. It's the Evoque. They seem to use the cheapest, laggiest processor possible. That's my only theory.

Member #
    I think this is my biggest complaint with my new Evoque. The ipod/stereo system in general is very sluggish and has delays. If I try to skip a track, or to or three, it pauses between tracks, plays maybe 2 seconds of it first before going to the next one and repeating behavior. So if I want to skip say 3 songs, it takes about 12 seconds in all to get past them to the next track. Everyone comments on how slow it is... and often starts hitting buttons because they think the system is not responding. Frustrating.

Member #
    OK so I got my car back. They couldn't do anything more to it. The dealership says Land Rover Engineering is aware of the problem and is looking into it. Maybe in the future there will be a software patch that might fix the issue. He said it may also be the iPod Touch and the 1st generation not syncing properly.

And that's that.

Member #
    They told me the exact same thing when I inquired about the missing offroad mode feature, that seems to be the line they give when they cant figure stuff out.

cpdjustice which model ipod do you have? I have a 80 gb ipod and it skips through songs pretty quick with barely any delay. I tried skipping 5 and it took 2 seconds and started. It seems very inconsistent among models.
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads