Adaptive Xenon HID Headlamps

This is a discussion on Adaptive Xenon HID Headlamps within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hey guys, I know this is a standard feature so I should have it. Mine is the Dynamic Trim level. Just a question, does anyone ...

Member #

Hey guys,

I know this is a standard feature so I should have it. Mine is the Dynamic Trim level.

Just a question, does anyone notice the headlamps actually turning? I don't notice them actually turning when the vehicle is turning. My wife has a lexus with adaptive headlamps and it's very noticeable when the headlamps turn. Do you have to turn this feature on? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    My guess would be, if you aren't getting an error indicator (see below from the manaul), is the feature is slightly more subtle then on your Lexus. My previous car was a BMW 5 Series with adaptive headlights and I did notice the feature more on the BMW then on the Evoque.

Name:  Exterior Lights.jpg
Views: 1851
Size:  186.3 KB

Member #
    I notice it, but only on a dark road (or the garage) while making fairly pronounced steering adjustments. It is there, although possibly subtle. Dunno, never had a vehicle with that option before.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I notice it on the very winding moutain road with tight curves we live on, but do not notice it near as much when we are in town.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    If you have a garage or semi-enclosed structure facing a wall you can turn the steering wheel from side to side and see the headlight reflections move back and forth with the engine running just to check that everything is working.

Member #
    I have never noticed mine move at slow speed in the driveway, maybe I was not turning the wheel enough. I do notice on the twisty road I live on that they do turn.

Last edited by FLSTFIDave; 09-10-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Has anyone seen the additional bulb at 45 degrees? I don't think I can find one, nor have I seen one come on.

Edit: Ok, I know this is old, but I just wanted to document my findings. In my MY13 user manual, the section on adaptive headlights doesn't include the note about the corner lights. From some research done on another forum, it looks like the US models don't get that, which I'm told is the "static bending light."
    Last edited by Lachlan; 08-15-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Ads