First Service/First Warning

This is a discussion on First Service/First Warning within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; In advance of my recent road trip, I took the Evoque in for its first service. The dealer had no problem with doing the service ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

In advance of my recent road trip, I took the Evoque in for its first service. The dealer had no problem with doing the service even though the vehicle only had 15,000 on it. Everything went great at the dealership, and of course it was a free visit, so what's not to like. About 150 miles into the road trip a few days later I realized I had a warning message stating the coolant level was low. In AZ, you never want to see that message. Needless to say that was bothersome given the recent service and multipoint inspection. When I tried to find my Owner Handbook to see how to address the problem (type of coolant, location of filler cap...I had not spent any time under the hood), it had vanished out of my glovebox. My call to the dealership started out by asking if there was a possibility the handbook had been removed during service, followed by the more obvious question about how the coolant level could be down so soon after service. In a few minutes I got a call back from the mechanic that serviced the vehicle and he told me where he put my handbook. I never knew about the super secret little hiding place because the manual was in the glovebox when I took delivery from the previous owner. I'm assuming all of you knew about this super secret little feature and are laughing at me right now. While I got no satisfactory answer to my question as to how they overlooked the coolant level (actually it isn't all that easy to see even when you know what you are looking for), the service dude told me to just add some fresh water, which I did and the message went away and I didn't have any additional problem over the 1720 mile trip. I appreciate this kind of service and my brand loyalty is getting stronger by the mile. By the way, the handbook says to check the coolant level weekly and the warning message appeared when the level was about 1/2 inch below the minimum level mark.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    If you ever need an electronic copy of the manual here's one on Google docs. Just create yourself a login and download it:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...2520Manual.pdf

Member #
    Yes the secret cubby hole. I only found mine by reading the manual (which wasn't inside the cubby) You could use it for the manual but it's also useful for other goodies that fit perfectly.
    (its normally the other way to make it easy to grab but I flipped it around for the photo) (Yes this is legal in AZ.)
    Name:  KGPa7.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  714.2 KB
    Last edited by infinus; 09-10-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I had the same warning over the summer, it appears the coolant evaporates quite a bit more than most other cars I've ever owned (never had to top off before). I took it to the dealer and they were more than glad to take my car right in and top it off. Service guy said it was common especially during hot weather.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by infinus View Post
    Yes the secret cubby hole. I only found mine by reading the manual (which wasn't inside the cubby) You could use it for the manual but it's also useful for other goodies that fit perfectly.(its normally the other way to make it easy to grab but I flipped it around for the photo) (Yes this is legal in AZ.)Name:  KGPa7.jpg
    Nice looks like a Taurus PT92?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemzabob View Post
    Nice looks like a Taurus PT92?
    Yessir, I also like their PT1911.
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    Yes the secret cubby hole. I only found mine by reading the manual (which wasn't inside the cubby) You could use it for the manual but it's also useful for other goodies that fit perfectly.
    (its normally the other way to make it easy to grab but I flipped it around for the photo) (Yes this is legal in AZ.)
    Name:  KGPa7.jpg
    Good idea. I however would only put mine in there like that, if for some reason I had to leave it in the car, with me not being in the car. I doubt any one would ever find it there.

I like to have mine alot closer at hand. I usually just carry my Kimber Ultra CDP 1911 in a milt sparks VMII holster. Its an in the waist band, and you can still tuck a shirt in.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Yessir, I also like their PT1911.
    It's good to know about this little spot in the evoque, I haven't got one yet but when I do I will be putting a backup gun in there for sure, the wife and I always carry our Glocks but it will be nice to know there is a back up in the secret spot! lol

Member #

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by FLSTFIDave View Post
    Good idea. I however would only put mine in there like that, if for some reason I had to leave it in the car, with me not being in the car. I doubt any one would ever find it there.

I like to have mine alot closer at hand. I usually just carry my Kimber Ultra CDP 1911 in a milt sparks VMII holster. Its an in the waist band, and you can still tuck a shirt in.
    Yes Its only for storage when I'm not in the car and am somewhere I cant carry it on me. Or an area where I already have another gun such as inside the home. Otherwise its holstered The most useless gun is one you can't get to in time!
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads