Attention to the Engine Coolant

This is a discussion on Attention to the Engine Coolant within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I read a recent thread where a couple of owners had their engine coolant light come on because Coolant was low. Go out and check ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Attention to the Engine Coolant

Member #

I read a recent thread where a couple of owners had their engine coolant light come on because Coolant was low. Go out and check your coolant today. After I read the thread, I checked my coolant and sure enough, the level was just above minimum AFTER only 1900 miles. I brought this to the attention of my dealer when I took the car in to top off the fluids. They indicated I was the first to do so..my quess is that most people take for granite that with low mileage, the coolant should be OK...well it may not be. Let us know if your coolant is low when you check it...it would help us to contact RR if the numbers are large.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    I guess when I get back in the USA I will have to check my coolant level.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    I am actually bringing the car in on Monday for this exact reason.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mine is at 7k miles and coolant level is fine. I've never topped it off not sure if the dealer did during my visit to check the nav and for the Sat radio bulletin.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    My coolant light went on at 5500 miles. Well below minimum level. My Range Rover peeps told me per email to just top up with water since there should be enough coolant in the system already. So did that = light went off.

Member #
    I just had my low coolant level warning for the 2nd time since August, now at 10,200 miles. Checked it out and sure enough, it's pretty low. Going to the dealer to have them check for leaks as I don't consider this to be normal for such a low mileage engine.

Member #
    My light also has been going on & off for the past 3 weeks, checked my level & its just below the low fill level. I am takng to the dealer next week to have them re-check the drivers door weatherseal....still has major wind noise in cabin even after replacement. Also tpm check, all 4 tires check lights are lit.
    Bruce
    2012 Evoque PURE
    2011 Infiniti G37xS
    2005 Lotus Elise Bordeaux Red Pearl
    2010 Ski-Doo Renagade

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Mine is half way between low fill level and the full fill level, 7500 miles never added any coolant.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Mine was low. They topped off during one of the times I had my car in for the Restricted Performance/wet weather driving thing. They patted me on the head and told me no problem.

What are we theorizing, here, if this is a recurring item? Robots underfilling it on the assembly line? Pressure leak somewhere (another design flaw)?

Member #
    6000 miles and mine is low for the second time (!)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads