loss of power

loss of power

This is a discussion on loss of power within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; i bought the evoque a few months ago. Since then i have had the same loos of power performance. 1. to fix pull over to ...

Thread: loss of power

Member #

loss of power

i bought the evoque a few months ago. Since then i have had the same loos of power performance.

1. to fix pull over to side of road and turn off car turn back on power will be resotred

2. i had the same problem when i was the first to own the bmw 335 i the turbo engine had the same problem

3 after a year they fixed the problem

it was the fuel pump and needed to be replaced with a high performance one.

but beofore that happened they told me i was crazy

scott

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ssff43 View Post
    i bought the evoque a few months ago. Since then i have had the same loos of power performance.

1. to fix pull over to side of road and turn off car turn back on power will be resotred

2. i had the same problem when i was the first to own the bmw 335 i the turbo engine had the same problem

3 after a year they fixed the problem

it was the fuel pump and needed to be replaced with a high performance one.

but beofore that happened they told me i was crazy

scott
    Coincidently my previous car to my current Evoque was a 2008 BMW 538xi twin-turbo. The only serious issue I had, which eventually became a recall notice to all in the US, was the injector seals drying out due to the higher ethanol content in US gasoline. This resulted in very similar symptoms - misfiring, loss of power and triggering restrivtive engine mode. Once they changed the injector seals with higher quality silicon everything ran fine until I traded the car in at 70K miles.

If it were the fuel pump on the Evoque I would think this would occur during any full throttle event where the engine is asking for massive amounts of additional fuel, not just under wet weather conditions. My dealer has also confirmed with Corporate that this is moisture entering into the intake system and settling into the intercooler. They just haven't determined how or where the water is entering from yet.

Member #
    sorry to hear that.

Ads