A new warning

A new warning

This is a discussion on A new warning within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I took my car in for service in Florida, and they gave it back to me with a warning. Every time I start the car, ...

Thread: A new warning

Member #

A new warning

I took my car in for service in Florida, and they gave it back to me with a warning. Every time I start the car, it now reminds me that I must put it in park prior to turning off the car. The warning does not go away until I acknowledge it, and even then, I have to stare at the triangle with the exclamation point that stays lit up on the information center. They believe that it is due to a bad "auxiliary battery" that puts the car in park after you shut off the ignition if you forget to do so yourself. It did not have the warning when I gave it to them for service, but when I drove it off the lot it did. The service department is supposed to fix your car, not break it. Dont get me wrong, they offered to fix it, but I was in the process of moving, and did not have the time. The car works just fine, and I have an appointment to get it fixed here in Virginia next week. Looking forward to not having that annoying light on the dash anymore.

Rob

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'm curious to know where this auxiliary battery is, it seems like it should be used as a safety feature if the main battery is dead but otherwise why not just use the main battery? Let us know if they fix it!
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    You can do the reset yourself this method should work for you too:

How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    It turns out that when they were changing out the pollen filter during the first service, they disconnected a lead by accident. The dealership here in VA Beach took care of it in a matter of hours. Good stuff. The auxiliary battery was fine.

I was not able to reset the warning as it would have come back in. The warning was because there was actually something wrong with the car. It wasn't the service warning that kept coming on. I will use that tip next the vehicle is serviced, as I will be doing the service myself. The first service was complementary, I don't think I want to pay to have something done when I can do it myself.

R/
    Rob
    Last edited by FIJIEVO; 11-29-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Ads