Rust on the undercarriage

This is a discussion on Rust on the undercarriage within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; We bought a 2013 Evoque and after 2 weeks noticed the rust on the axle and gas tank. We live in Michigan and we noticed ...

Member #

We bought a 2013 Evoque and after 2 weeks noticed the rust on the axle and gas tank. We live in Michigan and we noticed it before the car ever saw any snow or rain now that I think about it. I will post pictures tomorrow. We have seen the other posts and are extremely upset. Keep the posts going so we all can get this resolved.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I live in SC and owned my Evoque for seven months. Saying that, I noticed the muffler pipe is turning a copper color..not rust (yet)...when I take it in for an oil change, I will inquire.

Member #
    I live in Tampa, Florida and checked the muffler this morning.Vehicle has 4000 miles. Bottom middle of muffler has a long rusty red area starting to form. Some rear suspension bolts and nuts are starting to rust.
    In 2008 I took delivery a Land Rover LR2 and the bottom of the muffler was rusting. I sprayed the muffler and tail pipes with high heat BBQ spray paint. The muffler and tail pipes stayed jet black for 2 years. I had a 24 month lease on the LR2.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    My 2015 undercarriage, passenger side fuel tank skid plate rotten relay bad, driver side going soon. We live in Boston MA.

Name:  RR rust 1.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  1.77 MB
    Name:  RR rust2.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  3.00 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2015 Evoque Pure Premium Aintree Green Almond/Espresso Climate Comfort Sirius -Ready for New England's four seasons.

Ads