New, PERMANENT FIX for Check Engine Issue?

This is a discussion on New, PERMANENT FIX for Check Engine Issue? within the Evoque Maintenance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Good morning, from Patient Zero of our favorite maintenance thread: https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque-maintenance/496-my-engine-problem-will-become-technical-service-bulletin.html I just (5 minutes ago) received a call from my JLR dealer informing me ...

Member #

Good morning, from Patient Zero of our favorite maintenance thread: https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque-maintenance/496-my-engine-problem-will-become-technical-service-bulletin.html

I
    just (5 minutes ago) received a call from my JLR dealer informing me that they have been shipped a brand new Air Cooler from LRA, which is intended to fix the condensation/misfire problem. Based upon what we know about the issue, replacing the air cooler certainly seems to be a viable approach to a permanent solution.

I believe I was in LRA's system as a 'squeaky wheel' owner, having fussed about it quite a bit and only reluctantly accepting the Q237 patch as a stopgap. So, it would seem, LRA sent my dealer one of the boxes specifically earmarked for my vehicle.

I have scheduled Jan 29 to drop off to have that and my one-year service done. Will let you guys know if I get a magical horsepower boost or some other goodie.

Here's to hoping!!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    That's great news, thank you! I see you're also in the DC area. I'm in Alexandria VA. I have gotten the Q237 update and i'm happy with the results so far. Only had one prior restricted performance issue on the beltway of all places, that was fun...

Thanks for the update and keep us posted!

Member #

New Airbox/Intercooler fix applied.

So.... I have my car back after having the new airbox/intercooler fix applied. There is no discernible difference. They reapplied Q237, so the driveability feels unchanged from when I took it in. It's too cold right now where I live (low Relative Humidity) to be able to see if the box makes a difference. I really won't be able to test it until the spring rainy season (march/april.)

I will scan in the part numbers and stuff in the next day or two.

(I also got the 2013 GPS Map updates. It does really help, given that there is lots of recent construction where I live. Expensive but WORTH IT for me.)

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    My scan is PDF. No luck getting it to upload or attach.

In any case, what I've got is called "Range Rover Evoque (L538) Charge Air Cooler Screen Installation Instructions".

There is no SSR number at this time, as this is not an SSR. It IS a warranty fix.

The part number is LR031467, again called "Charge Air Cooler Screen".

Prior to installation in my car the part was kept under lock and key in the service manager's office, not in the garage. So, clearly LRA does not have many to go around at this time. I don't think that calling your dealer will have any effect. You would want to call LRA directly to get in line for the fix.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by malharden View Post
    My scan is PDF. No luck getting it to upload or attach.
    try roboimages.com its easy to attach pdf there for forum uploads

Member #
    Thanks for sharing link.

Member #
    What is q237 update obviously software but what's the reason for the update I have a evogue which is playing up regarding its smoth running through not only the transmission but like a form of dead spot when I go to take off or excelelarate .

Member #
    The Q237 software update allows the vehicle to slow down to a reasonable speed when the restricted mode is in place. If you do not have the q237, the vehicle will drop down to 30mph when the restricted mode is initiated. The Q237 increases the speed of the slowdown to 60 or 70mph when you are on the highway and the restricted mode comes on. In essence, there will not be an abrupt reduction in miles per hour when you get the software update.

Ads