Range Rover Evoque Rally Car

This is a discussion on Range Rover Evoque Rally Car within the Evoque News forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; It is on rare occasion that I am able to talk about a vehicle being turned into a rally machine, and it is even a ...

Member #

It is on rare occasion that I am able to talk about a vehicle being turned into a rally machine, and it is even a more rare bird that the basis for said rally vehicle is a lux off-roader like the Evoque. Oh happy day!

The link to a Derbyshire Company's website happened upon my computer this morning, and I was excited to see what bit of awesomeness was awaiting that I had been forwarded. I have a special fondness for .co.uk domains for some reason. I click, and what do my eyes see? This bit of home grown British ingenuity. Man this thing looks good! The Milner LRM-1 is the latest in a series of off road racers that draw from over 30 years of cross country racing. These guys are no puffs, and this machine is to be taken seriously.

Loads of suspension built in to what looks like a STRONG cage. The LRM-1 has a full space frame chassis with double wishbone, fully independent suspension, with a composite body shell scaled to 4/5 the size of a standard Evoque. They made sure to maintain the body lines so that it retains that instantly recognizable Evoque look.

The first production car benefits from a motor "borrowed" borrowed from it's brother, Jaguar. The 5.0 V8 supercharged engine produces in excess of 550BHP and 680Nm of torque. The transmission is a 6spd sequential gear box driving a Milner transfer box and Milner differentials with Quaife centres throughout.

If you would like one of these turn-key off-road racers, just dial Milner up and tell them what powerplant, what transmission setup you would like, and show up a matter of weeks later with a pile of cash.

Check it out for yourself: Milner Off Road Racing's Evoque

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I want one badly! What is up with those tires on this one of a kind vehicle? I still want one! What will it cost to do that to mine?
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Probably just using them as rollers. The tires that will be used for raceday will vary depending on the terrain and surface conditions.

Ads