VW Cross Coupe Concept targets Evoque

This is a discussion on VW Cross Coupe Concept targets Evoque within the Evoque News forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; A new plug-in diesel hybrid version of the Volkswagen Cross Coupe Concept is starring at the Geneva Motor Show. Details are scarce, but the company ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: VW Cross Coupe Concept targets Evoque

Member #

A new plug-in diesel hybrid version of the Volkswagen Cross Coupe Concept is starring at the Geneva Motor Show. Details are scarce, but the company has revealed that its Range Rover Evoque rival will be powered by a combination of a turbodiesel and two electric motors.

Read more: Volkswagen Cross Coupe Concept | News | Auto Express

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Interesting looking but it just does not have the visual impact and appeal of the Evoque. VW makes nice vehicles. Would love to see a powerful Diesel option for the Evoque in the USA.

El Chorizo and Evocurious like this.
    2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by FLSTFIDave View Post
    Interesting looking but it just does not have the visual impact and appeal of the Evoque. VW makes nice vehicles. Would love to see a powerful Diesel option for the Evoque in the USA.
    You read my mind Dave! VW has amazing diesel engines and I'd like to see more of them in use. And I do agree the Evoque looks cooler, I'd love to see some competition in this segment.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have a buddy with a diesel Toureg and the power / fuel mileage is very impressive. If the cross couple releases with 30+ mpg, it could give the evoque a run for it's money. Here's a better side shot of the cross coupe:

Member #
    I really like the Toureg with the diesel. We considered it a couple years ago.

I am a huge fan of small powerful diesels, with a turbo. It is a shame Europe has so many good diesel options, yet there almost none in the USA. People here just do not understand how much it has improved. I have an 06 1 ton Crew Cab dually truck, with a turbo diesel. The truck weighs in at 7700 pounds empty, yet is 7 second 0 to 60. I get 18 mpg out of it empty, 13 pulling 13,000 pounds of trailer.

A good diesel, say 220 hp and 300 torque in the Evoque would be killer, get over 34 mpg and still be as quick as the 2.0 gas

dascrow likes this.
    2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    I couldn't agree more Dave. I've looked into all diesel SUVs including the Q7, X5 and Touareg and the VW always seems to come out on top in most reviews. I keep thinking if VW came out with a 1/2 ton truck that featured that same diesel engine the Touareg uses it would be a instant hit. In fact it still amazes me we don't have any smaller trucks with diesel motors.

I was really excited when the Evoque was first announced with a Diesel motor, to bad it hasn't made it to the states yet.

Member #
    Well GM was supose to come out with a much smaller duramax for the 1/2 ton truck. They were going to put it in the Suburban also. It was rated for 300HP, and just over 500 torque. I was so hoping it was going to be released. It would have made a great SUV.

VW toureg has a great little diesel. We really do need diesel option is the US, and the public needs to be educated on them.

Member #
    Because of you Americans, the Canadians get screwed for not getting the Diesel engines either! lol not putting the blame on you or anything. We considered the Diesel Toureg too but the Evoque just looked more visually stunning and at a better price point for the tech we wanted/needed. So that was our choice.
    I inquired about shipping the SD4 over and it would cost so much more to do that.

That Cross Coupe on the side view looks Nice actually!

Member #
    Looks much better from the side and silver looks much better as well!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Because of you Americans, the Canadians get screwed for not getting the Diesel engines either! lol not putting the blame on you or anything. We considered the Diesel Toureg too but the Evoque just looked more visually stunning and at a better price point for the tech we wanted/needed. So that was our choice.
    I inquired about shipping the SD4 over and it would cost so much more to do that.

That Cross Coupe on the side view looks Nice actually!
    It is sad that a large segment of American society has a negative opinion of diesel cars and suvs. I have liked them since the first diesel BMW I rode in back in the 90's. I love my diesel truck.

I would love to see a 6 cyl diesel in a Yukon. The toureg is still of great interest to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads