Canadians pay close to 10K more for 2013 Range Rover Evoque

This is a discussion on Canadians pay close to 10K more for 2013 Range Rover Evoque within the Evoque News forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque category; If you live in Canada and want to purchase a 2013 Range Rover Evoque, you will be paying a lot more for the new crossover ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

If you live in Canada and want to purchase a 2013 Range Rover Evoque, you will be paying a lot more for the new crossover than your U.S. neighbors. Land Rover has released pricing on the Canadian models and they are considerably higher than U.S. model pricing. We knew from a recent trip to Calgary this summer that prices in Canada are much higher than here in the U.S., but the extra that our neighbors to the north will pay for the new 2013 Evoque seems exorbitant.

Continue Reading @ Canadians pay close to 10K more for 2013 Range Rover Evoque

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'm in Victoria, BC Canada and am currently looking at the Pure Plus. I'd really like someone to explain to me how/why the Canadian MSRPs are SO much higher than US. I tried contacting Land Rover Canada but only got a lame call back from a customer service person who said it was due to the dollar exchange! I asked if she was aware that the Canadian dollar was actually a couple of cents higher than US. She said no, but she would escalate my concerns and have someone else contact me. That was several weeks ago and I've heard nothing. As Canadians sadly we're used to getting ripped off (vehicles, gas, cellular, electronics, clothing, etc.) but this is pretty extreme when the gap is betwen $6K and $10K. Come on Land Rover give us Canucks a break!

Member #
    Anyone have any information on this?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Can't you just pick one up across the border? I am under the impression that ~90% of all Canadians live within a couple 100 miles of the US border.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    I've got a few friends from Canada that visit here regularly and have looked around at prices. I think the explanation they gave me was related to import taxes which I think are buried in the MSRP and not a tax line item on the sticker. We pay them in the US too, but they're less. They always told me the exact same model here in the US was around $10k cheaper for even a $40k vehicle. So the exchange rate doesn't help much.

I don't think US dealers can sell to Canadians that come over the border either. If you listen carefully to all the TV commercials they throw in the proof of residency requirement statement meaning you have to prove you live in the US to the dealer. If that's not accurate, I know there's alway the import tax they pay to take stuff home (just like we do) and would have to declare the purchase when they cross back into Canada (like if they bought a used car too). This kind of all ties into simple stuff like if you sold a $100 item on ebay to someone in Canada you have to declare the value on the shipping paperwork so it can be taxed appropriately. Its the same here for the mostpart in the US. If you were to buy a $1000 Evoque accessory item from the Evoque rich UK area and had it shipped in you would likely pay a lot of import taxes to get your hands on it.

It isn't just automobiles. A lot of household items are much more expensive due to taxes. I sometimes wonder if that's what pays for the government provided medical system?

Member #
    Oh yeah. I forgot about the stupid "declaration" thing. Makes sense.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    I worked in Canada years ago and was amazed at pricing on so many "hard goods" such as electronics. Comparing prices on VCR's and VCR/DVD players (which were still "in" at the time) at Simpson-Sears, the exact same models were priced up at least $100 over the US prices and in some cases as much as 2/3 more than at the US Sears. Same with TV's and other electronics and most other consumer hard goods. That's crazy. They all came from Japan or somewhere (before China back then) so how could it be so different?

Yet when we ordered Crown Vic police vehicles, the cost on those coming from Ford of Canada is no higher than they would have been had they been made in the US.Granted, the CVPI was only made in Canada but why no huge price differential? Go figure. Bureaucrats.

Member #
    Of course exorbitant taxes and tariffs pay for your "free" medical care. There has never been a "free lunch" and never will be !!! This is something Americans are going to learn in short order as ObamaCare is implemented. Rationing will occur as many of us physicians with years of experience will simply walk away. Always easier to go "on the dole" than the work your butt off and "pay for the dole", but not very satisffying. Get ready for long waits for appointments and seeing only mid-level less skilled and experienced providers "practicing" on complex patients, who do not easily fit into the cookie cutter guidelines set up by the Bureaucrats, accountants and lobbyists.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sib1948 View Post
    Of course exorbitant taxes and tariffs pay for your "free" medical care. There has never been a "free lunch" and never will be !!! This is something Americans are going to learn in short order as ObamaCare is implemented. Rationing will occur as many of us physicians with years of experience will simply walk away. Always easier to go "on the dole" than the work your butt off and "pay for the dole", but not very satisffying. Get ready for long waits for appointments and seeing only mid-level less skilled and experienced providers "practicing" on complex patients, who do not easily fit into the cookie cutter guidelines set up by the Bureaucrats, accountants and lobbyists.
    Sure there has been a "free lunch" for eons in the US. It's called welfare and it's eaten by generations of those who refuse to work and paid for by those who do. Lots of other social programs have been developed to help those who will not contribute to society as well, fostering generations of recipients to piggyback on the benefit structure attained by their progenitors. Lack of adequate governmental controls, or in fact willingness to control in thirst of votes, has resulted in multi-generations of welfare recipients who produce offspring who become new recipients ad nauseum.

Sorry this has gone off topic. But you're right. There is no "free lunch" for those who work for a living. The "free lunch" is for those who sit idle and allow everyone else to do the work to keep them fed! Not to be confused with assistance to hose actually in need...there is a huge difference in helping those get a leg up and those who will then sit on the horse and expect you to feed both forever!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by magnumforc View Post
    Sure there has been a "free lunch" for eons in the US. It's called welfare and it's eaten by generations of those who refuse to work and paid for by those who do. Lots of other social programs have been developed to help those who will not contribute to society as well, fostering generations of recipients to piggyback on the benefit structure attained by their progenitors. Lack of adequate governmental controls, or in fact willingness to control in thirst of votes, has resulted in multi-generations of welfare recipients who produce offspring who become new recipients ad nauseum.

Sorry this has gone off topic. But you're right. There is no "free lunch" for those who work for a living. The "free lunch" is for those who sit idle and allow everyone else to do the work to keep them fed! Not to be confused with assistance to hose actually in need...there is a huge difference in helping those get a leg up and those who will then sit on the horse and expect you to feed both forever!

Oh, my god...when you find the perfect country, post the GPS coordinates. Canada and the United States are two of the best countries in the freakin' world. Love them both and am not going to be put off by the parasite minority. Dude, go hang out in the EU for a better perspective. It's the Ritz-Parasite.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads