Serious Concerns - Would Love Your Opinions

This is a discussion on Serious Concerns - Would Love Your Opinions within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hi Everyone, As I am new to this forum and being my first post I hope I have done this correctly. First of all, I ...

Member #

Hi Everyone,

As I am new to this forum and being my first post I hope I have done this correctly.

First of all, I have read every thread and reply on this site and from what I can gather, pretty much everyone is more than happy with their Range Rover Evoques.

I just wanted to share the horror story I have experience sine purchasing my new Evoque Prestige 8 months ago.

I purchased my Evoque from a dealer in New South Wales, Australia and was so excited to finally own such a nice looking, expensive and prestigious car that was a reward to my family for all the hard work and long hours I had spent a work.

This is unfortunately where the pleasure stopped.

Just to give you some background, my Evoque Prestige is absolutely top of the line with every single option you can possibly put on it. The car was originally sent to the dealer by LR as a demonstrator to woo the potential customers. As you can imagine it is one impressive car that really does have everything a car enthusiast could want.

Since owning the car 10 months have passed and the car has been in the repairers here in Adelaide for a total of 9 weeks and counting with various problems that tempting me to simply take the car out into a paddock and setting it on fire!

So far, this is a list of problems I have had.

- Main Computer completely crapped out stranding me in the middle of outback Australia. Had to have the car towed 580 kms to have a new computer imported from the UK and installed.

- Drivers side door hinge came loose.

- Car would not start on numerous occasions saying no key fob found even though it was in my pocket.

- Windscreen wipers were not set correctly from the factory causing them to rub on the bonnet when in operation. Damaged bad enough the bonnet had to be rubbed back and resprayed.

- Problem with rear suspension creaking. Had to be replaced.

- Camera system completely shut down. Corrupt software in new computer system, had to be reinstalled.

- 2 of the cameras the decided to stop working. Had to have to replacements shipped in.

- Main screen in the car intermittently stopped working. Had to be replaced.

- Driver side door developed a rattle. Inside cable holder had apparently broken and needed replacing.

- Rattle in drivers door returned. Problem linked to faulty door seal. Had to be replaced.

- Internal coloured lighting stopped working even though it is turned on. not fixed yet.

- Battery failed and had to be replaced.

- Passenger side mirror cover flew off while driving in the city.

- Front left camera dome shattered, no collision no damage. Had big argument over this one as the waned to charge me for a new one plus man hours.

- Whining noise in the engine bay that is present on all RR is supposed to switch off after about 2 minutes at the most. Mine stayed on for up to 45 minutes.

- Surround camera system flickers different colours when the camera is being used at night.

To make matters worse, I have had to return the car 3 times straight after it was delivered back to me after being fixed for numerous things including, additional damage to the vehicle and grease left in the car.

To date my wife and I have only travelled 6000 kms since purchasing the car, 1800 of that was from the dealer back to our house.

Hopefully we will be receiving a refund on the purchase price very soon or in the alternative, a replacement vehicle.

At this stage I am pushing for a refund as I just do not feel confident the cars are any good.

Hopefully some of you can prove otherwise.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    In the US most states have "Lemon Laws". What Austalian law is I have no idea. Tell them you want a new one. If the dealer wouldn't comply go to Land Rover.

Member #
    First I reckon you realize your dealer stinks. But, that aside, if this had been my car would have forced dealer to buy back under lemon law. Don't know if you have such a thing in Oz. Obviously a combination of poor assembly (something the English used to be legendary for, of course, one of the main reasons all their best cars are now owned by others), a could-give-a-damn dealer (Commonwealth legendary) and a decent dose of bad luck. Thanks for sharing your nightmare, though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I would take the summary that you have provided in this thread and send it to your regional LR group..addressed to the president. I think that you will get want you want within reason if done professionally.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchgeekLdibari View Post
    I would take the summary that you have provided in this thread and send it to your regional LR group..addressed to the president. I think that you will get want you want within reason if done professionally.
    As many know I've gone through a similar issues as well, after months of dealing with land rover they are replacing my car with a new one. Just an FYI for you, I just found out last week that they had a huge flaw in the software update that they put in the car causing more issues the good. They did reflash my car last week with a new software and seems to be working so far.

Member #
    You have presented the most amazing list of issues I have ever seen for any new vehicle!!! Most seem to be computer program issues, which I'm sure are even more frustrating for Land Rover and puts the Dealer smack in the middle, but dealers have options as mentioned above and you have indeed been treated abismally. Good luck in your continued saga and I'll continue to hope for a happy ending for you. Please keep us all updated.

Member #

Thanks for the support

Hello again,I know it has been a long while since I initially posted the thread so I thought I would keep you all posted on my progress or lack of so far. The repair shop has had the Evoque in for a further total of 5.5 weeks for major repairs. This is has provided no real results ultimately resulting in different problems or reoccurring faults. Overt the past few months I have been fighting Land Rover Australia and have engaged the assistance of legal counsel. While in the final visit to the workshop I was told by the head honcho of Land Rover Australia the car would be kept a further 2 weeks from estimated to ensure once and for all that the issues would be sorted. Upon receipt of the vehicle there were still more problems (some new, some old ones returning) than you could poke a stick at. On instruction from my lawyer I have now refused to return the car for repairs and will only accept a new vehicle or a total refund. Interestingly enough we advised we would return the vehicle one last time only under the condition Land Rover supply us with all the documentation relating to the repairs since day one. Not surprisingly, they have declined that offer, not wanting to release that information. Something to hide ??????Unfortunately I have to stop driving the vehicle as the passenger seat has come loose posing a safety concern in addition to all the other problems. Will keep you all posted.

Oh and as a gesture of good faith Land Rover Australia offered to refund 2 months worth of lease payments totalling $3800.

Told them to shove it.
    Last edited by Fox; 06-03-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Member #
    Wow sounds like you got quite the lemon. I'd say Land Rover better do something to appease you or this little review is going to be a thorn in their side. I probably would have re-thought buying my Evoque if I'd read this first. Best of luck to you. If you can afford $1900/mo on a lease then I imagine you could afford a pretty good lawyer too, just a thought.

Member #
    Sounds like the whole lemon tree fell on your vehicle. Go public! They hate the negative publicity
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Been a while since I've read this, now had my own car for about a year. The only issue was a replacement battery the first week of ownership. Batteries have been an issue on this car, seems especially true of diesels, and a bad one can have a debilitating effect on sensitive electronics. My very sweeping observation (I'm on a couple of UK forums as are most of us I guess) is that the build quality of cars received here in the States, and our dealerships seems generally better than the UK. And it seems, the Commonwealth. In fact, my LR dealer is so good we are currently on our 8th LR product. A decent dealer would not have dragged you through all this.

Ads