Towing with the Evoque?

Towing with the Evoque?

This is a discussion on Towing with the Evoque? within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; From what I've read the Range Rover Evoque will have a towing capacity of 4,400 lbs. Anyone planning on towing a small travel trailer? I've ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Towing with the Evoque?

Member #

Towing with the Evoque?

From what I've read the Range Rover Evoque will have a towing capacity of 4,400 lbs. Anyone planning on towing a small travel trailer? I've been looking at the Livin' Lite "Camp-Lite" series. It would be a perfect match for the evoque.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I would have to pull a small boat (bayboat or bass boat) and my v-rod... Got to get a evoque though... 2013 tooooo far away!!!

Member #

Towing a Skeeter SL190

I would like to know why Land Rover lowered the towing capacity from 4,400lbs to 3,500lbs. I do have a boat and would like to know if the Evoque would be capable of towing it if needed. the boat has a maximum capacity of about 2,600 and the trailer weighs 750 which is under the max towing weight of 3,500 but I would be a little more relaxed if the max towing weight was 4,000 or better.Name:  DVC00217.JPG
Views: 10842
Size:  211.4 KB

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Has to do with trailer brakes being required over 4400

Member #
    Then, I should be fine under 3,500lbs. I also notice that they had rated the Evoque for towing 4,400 but in November of 2011 lowered that to 3,500.

Member #
    I'm not sure if it's an issue of the internals of the gearbox being able to hold that weight or the tongue weight. Either way, unless you are parking on steep hills with the boat attached as long as you keep the tongue weight down you should be able to tow more then the "suggested" tow capacity. I used to tow a race car with my Lightning and it had a very low tow capacity due to the suspension being sporty and low. It was a great tow vehicle though, I just kept the car in the back/middle portion of the trailer so the tongue weight was down and it worked great.

Member #
    Just got the towing package on mine... B careful the dealership will certainly charge u a pretty penny... $2100 for mine... Anywho, I towed an enclosed trailer with snowmobile all over the wintery state of Maine... Results were good... It tracked well had plenty of stability and braking. I did notice a bit of wind drag reducing power but the trailer was pretty big for the car and is naturally a large wind brake.

Member #
    Thanks for the input. what do you think the toungue weight and total weight were? Also, was the $2,100 charged just for the installation or for the towe package and installation?
    Hope you had a great time this winter!

Member #
    I'm going to revitalize this old thread.

The manual of my 2016 Evoque SE premium 5-door, says 3,500lbs
    the 2016 Brochure (http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/...voque_2016.pdf) says 3,968lbs (with a braked trailer) Max tongue weight- 331lbs
    The 2017 Brochure (https://www.landroverusa.com/Images/...293-367695.pdf) says "up to 4,409 lbs" in the sales part of the brochure, and then in the specifications, says "3,968lbs".

I'm looking at travel trailers that have GVWRs in the 3800lb range, so the difference between 3,500, 3,968 and 4,409 is a pretty significant when it comes to picking out how big of a trailer I could legitimately get.

anyone with knowledge?

Member #
    After 3 trips to U-haul, they finally wired up my 7-pin connector properly, and did my first serious hauling.

This (rental) beast (a Heartland MPG 183, somewhat modified) was probably approaching 3,500 to 3,800 lbs. Towed it at 65mph, 500 miles, across a 106F desert, through thunderstorms, and then up to 8000 ft, miles of dirt roads, and sorta rough fields (as shown).

The Evoque towed it completely successfully. At least I think it did. Not sure if I did any damage to the tranny or anything, but we had a great time with it.
    I had a brake controller (of course) and a weight distribution hitch (provided by rental company), not just a 'ball'. you could really feel the RV yanking on the Evoque- a little unsettling at first. Got about 11mpg for the trip- so yeah, it sucked down a lot of gas to haul that weight and aerodynamic load.

Pretty impressed with the Evoque. Did a great job.

Name:  IMG_6764.jpg
Views: 1829
Size:  236.3 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads