catbypass pipe i put on

catbypass pipe i put on

This is a discussion on catbypass pipe i put on within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; So i bought a catbypass pipe which was about 10 pounds lighter then the stock big bulky pipe. I had it installed and it barley ...

Member #

catbypass pipe i put on

So i bought a catbypass pipe which was about 10 pounds lighter then the stock big bulky pipe. I had it installed and it barley even made a noise difference. However i do feel a greater increase in horse power and throttle response. IT feels like the acceleration is better. It might be due to me installing a K&N filter as well. Im hoping with these two mods my gas will get better by 5 MPGs. I also will be taking it back to that shop and the guy said he can put on a magnaflow muffler on for like 300 bucks. He stated turbo cars that have exhausts dont make as much noise from the exhaust as non turbo or supercharged cars. So im hopping the new mod will sound deeper and better and not like a freaking ricer.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    114 views and no replies this forum is a joke.

Member #
    So post somewhere else. Good luck finding a busy Evoque forum.

Will be interesting to hear the difference in sound. Turbo'd cars are tough to make sound good with aftermarket exhaust.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I dont see anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    You may have added 1 HP with CAT delete pipe. Your K&N may be the bigger contributor here. Be prepared for the Magnaflow drone. I have one on my Evora S that I can't wait to throw away when my 2bular setup gets made. Seriously, they are not good and proper exhaust setup is not just a slap a can on approach to get correct harmonics etc.

Member #
    5 mpg's ,is really what made me laugh. Maybe 1 mpg if you use your imagination. You think they'd leave 5mpg on the table??!!
    Last edited by ddsski; 08-06-2015 at 06:16 AM.

Member #
    Sure, here's a response: you're wasting your time pulling the CAT -- will really get nothing in return, except you get to pump out pollutants. Plus can throw off tune. I live in So. Cal, the absolute soul of American car culture. Ferraris, Porsches, etc. are everywhere -- and all doing forty miles an hour on the 101 freeway. Goosing an Evoque? At the cost of poisoning my air? Sorry, don't get it.

Ads