Getting new exhaust this friday

This is a discussion on Getting new exhaust this friday within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; So i took the evoque to a specialty tune and exhaust shop. They modify a lot of japense cars but they also work on 911's ...

Member #

So i took the evoque to a specialty tune and exhaust shop. They modify a lot of japense cars but they also work on 911's lambos, benzes and beamers. They were interested in seeing how it would sound like. I told him i got the bypass cat pipe installed but it didn't make any noise difference just better throttle response. So he showed me what they would do and its cutting out that big fugly muffler and doing straight pipe with a good resonator. I think it would sound awesome. the price $516.00 for 3 hours of labor and the parts.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    And the result is??

Member #
    I thought about doing a custom exhaust on mine. My muffler guy would do it for $200 cat-back. Look up Focus ST exhaust to get an idea of what this 2.0 motor sounds like.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Any update regarding your custom exhaust? A local muffler shop is offering me one but I'm still undecided. I want to spend my money on a quality exhaust that won't rust easily. I saw the Borla cat-back at 4wheelonline, and its price looks reasonable (though really more expensive than a custom one). I'm just not sure whether to get a custom exhaust or the branded one.

Member #
    That's going to have to be your decision. A branded exhaust usually has had some R&D invested in it so it will likely yield the best horsepower return. However, the basic principles of an exhaust system are fairly simple. Any competent exhaust shop should be able to custom fabricate something less restrictive than OEM. On turbocharged engines there's really no benefit of back pressure whatsoever as the compressor itself will provide that. So there is much less guess work when it comes to exhausts. Just get a 2.5" cat-back and be done with it. Probably do not even need a muffler, but make sure you have at least a resonator.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jagguy99 View Post
    So i took the evoque to a specialty tune and exhaust shop. They modify a lot of japense cars but they also work on 911's lambos, benzes and beamers. They were interested in seeing how it would sound like. I told him i got the bypass cat pipe installed but it didn't make any noise difference just better throttle response. So he showed me what they would do and its cutting out that big fugly muffler and doing straight pipe with a good resonator. I think it would sound awesome. the price $516.00 for 3 hours of labor and the parts.
    So...Did you get the new exhaust? Where's the update? Tell us...mine is slightly damaged and I haven't decided which way to go.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Ads