Evoque Air Intake

Evoque Air Intake

This is a discussion on Evoque Air Intake within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Has anyone seen an aftermarket air intake kit become available for the Evoque?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kramykram

Thread: Evoque Air Intake

Member #

Evoque Air Intake

Has anyone seen an aftermarket air intake kit become available for the Evoque?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    No. Seems like thy dont make them. But hey, maybe someone finds one that works

Member #
    I've thought of making one, but I don't know how much of a market there would be. not many posters on this forum at all
    Rigo likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have yet to find one. But I have heard that a cobalt is one might work and a focus ST should work given they share a similar engine. The roadblocks I've read are that the Evoque has some advanced sensors that tend to be problematic for installing performance upgrades. In other words, MAF and 02 sensors might freak out when you start shoving cleaner, more cold air into the engine.

Member #
    Sorry to necro this thread but I thought Id update. With CAI mod. While they wont set off a CEL, the airbox is slightly different in where it mounts. However, it uses the same box. * for a free mod you can open up the port on the bottom, this will allow more colder air when your going 20-30 mph because the hole is smaller it should act as secondary.

I am currently prototyping - and fabricated my own CAI, I had a shop Cut the Hood Vent holes out ( which all evoques have) and installed oem like hood vents with the mesh cut out. I cut the factory box where it connects to the first filter and RTV'd the shit out of it, I then fabricated a small pan to catch any water because its right about electrical. Overall, I am seeing intake temperatures usually 0-8 degree usually 5ish above ambient. Because the box is under vacuum and the piping decreases size it will be under increased vacuum. The advantage of this is that the new intake sits 3 or 4 inches under the vent. At high speeds it will depressurize the engine bay and allow that colder to escape from the top while siphoning some of it. At slow speeds its sits close enough to draw in air from the top. Name:  20191005_123129.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  66.2 KBName:  20191005_123116.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  80.5 KB

Im still working on making enhancements and measure the effect.
    Last edited by aulus; 10-05-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Ads