Sprint Booster a no go for my 2015 Prestige

This is a discussion on Sprint Booster a no go for my 2015 Prestige within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; All, just wanted to share that recently I tried (unsuccessfully) to install the Sprint Booster on my 2015 MY Prestige. Wouldn't work, felt as if ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

All, just wanted to share that recently I tried (unsuccessfully) to install the Sprint Booster on my 2015 MY Prestige. Wouldn't work, felt as if the SB plug on the accelerator pedal side wouldn't fit right. the harness side plugged in just fine. All I got for my trouble was the vehicle kicking into the "Disabled Mode".

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Sprint booster, it is an adjustable electronic module you connect in-line between the accel pedal module and the harness. It eliminates much of the built in hesitation/delay in today's drive by wire accel systems, simply replacing the stock accel circuit signal with a more aggressive signal. Has "Off", "Sport" and "Race" modes you can switch between with the push of a button. It does not change your ECU mapping/parameters other than to send an enhanced signal from the accel pedal circuit. I've used this successfully on several past vehicles and am really disappointed it doesn't work on my 2015 Evoque. To be clear, this module does not make your vehicle faster 0-60, but it makes a HUGE difference in daily drivability (your vehicle will become much more responsive to accel pedal input) and eliminates much of the hesitation inherent in today's drive by wire vehicles...of which I'm finding the Evoque is particularly prone to.

If anyone has successfully used the Sprint Booster on a 2015 MY Evoque, PLEASE ping me. thx!
    Last edited by HotLap; 08-06-2015 at 08:41 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Funny, I like linear gas pedals and think ALL DBW systems are too sensitive. To me , nothing worse than a gas pedal that is basically WOT at half throttle. Any drivability issue I feel on my 2015 is related to poor tranny programming. Regular drive mode is unusable. Sport mode works fine except it still lets motor hold a gear below 1800 rpms. Dropping below 1800 rpms, IMHO, should mandate a downshift. Your lazy gas pedal feel is because at those low rpms, tranny either lugs, or if you depress gas too much drops down 2 gears instead of the 1 you probably need. I still refuse to back off with them on this. RR have some nerd test drivers whose feet have become calibrated to their flawed system. IT IS ONLY ISSUE I HAVE WITH THE VEHICLE.

Member #
    I just installed a Sprint Booster in my 2015 pure premium and it works great! I had one in my Porsche and the results were extraordinary. When I saw they made one for the Evoque I was so happy I actually ordered mine while I was on vacation from my hotel room.

I spoke to them directly to place my order. They needed my VIN number in order to get me the correct unit. They said there were a few different units for the Evoque. I was a little nervous about it since no one else seems to be having any luck with them but they assured me that it would work and if not they would take it back. The one they sent me plugged in correctly and worked properly.

Now the throttle response is awesome and the turbo lag is diminished greatly. Well worth the money.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    wow, so the throttle was much more linear ?

Member #
    Yes. If anything when the Sprint Booster is in race mode it is a little too aggressive. The slightest tap of the throttle and it takes off. Sport mode is probably better for daily use especially if you sit in a lot of stop and go traffic.

Member #
    WOW, fantastic news...PLEASE, PLEASE PM me with the contact information for the folks you got yours from. The place I ordered from did not ask for my VIN and they sent me one that was for a 2011+ and had no experience with anyone successfully installing on on a 2015 Evoque!! This is GREAT news and thanks for sharing!! Funny, one of the cars I had a sprint booster on was my '09 997S, that application worked but the Porsche really didn't have much "accel hesitation delay".. I'll eagerly await your PM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdc1023 View Post
    I just installed a Sprint Booster in my 2015 pure premium and it works great! I had one in my Porsche and the results were extraordinary. When I saw they made one for the Evoque I was so happy I actually ordered mine while I was on vacation from my hotel room.

I spoke to them directly to place my order. They needed my VIN number in order to get me the correct unit. They said there were a few different units for the Evoque. I was a little nervous about it since no one else seems to be having any luck with them but they assured me that it would work and if not they would take it back. The one they sent me plugged in correctly and worked properly.

Now the throttle response is awesome and the turbo lag is diminished greatly. Well worth the money.
    Last edited by HotLap; 08-31-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Member #
    I hear you and must add the greatest area of frustration for me is when I'm stopped and press the accel pedal - expecting to accelerate and nothing happens for about 1.5 seconds...then you get frustrated and apply more pedal then the vehicle takes off like a boy racer! Dangerous pulling out into traffic, I've had several drivers have to slow down as the Evoque is in "delay" mode and won't accelerate promptly. I'm not talking about it not being a 400hp V8, and I realize the tranny has it's own special hesitation programming, but the off-the-line hesitation is what really drives me nuts. So much so that I'm just about ready to get rid of the Evoque (which I otherwise really like) because the driving experience is so poor. I'm not a boy racer nor am I a Sunday driver with nowhere to go, I fall in the middle of the pack from a driving style perspective and expect results when I depress the accel pedal. You might want to consider getting a Sprint Booster for your Evoque as I've had them on 4 previous vehicles and it has always made significant difference in the acceleration by eliminating most of the factory "built in delay" that 99% of today's vehicles have.
    Good luck on dealing with LR and please post if you ever get to the bottom of the trans ECU programming issue as, like you, I feel the 9-speed trans is way to clunky/slow to respond in it's programming. Frankly, my belief is that anything over a 7 speed trans is not desirable and only for manufacture's mileage averages.

Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    Funny, I like linear gas pedals and think ALL DBW systems are too sensitive. To me , nothing worse than a gas pedal that is basically WOT at half throttle. Any drivability issue I feel on my 2015 is related to poor tranny programming. Regular drive mode is unusable. Sport mode works fine except it still lets motor hold a gear below 1800 rpms. Dropping below 1800 rpms, IMHO, should mandate a downshift. Your lazy gas pedal feel is because at those low rpms, tranny either lugs, or if you depress gas too much drops down 2 gears instead of the 1 you probably need. I still refuse to back off with them on this. RR have some nerd test drivers whose feet have become calibrated to their flawed system. IT IS ONLY ISSUE I HAVE WITH THE VEHICLE.
    Last edited by HotLap; 08-31-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Member #
    Yes please share the contact info for buying one. I'd be interested for sure.

Member #
    Update on the Sprint Booster saga. jdc1023 shared contact information with me (Thanks John!!) and I found out I had been sent the incorrect unit. There are two Sprint Booster units for the Evoque the SBLR1022S and the SBLR1032S. The SBLR1022S is the correct unit for the (later built 2014's) and 2015 Evoque and the other is for earlier models. The physical connections are the same; however, the programming is different between the two units. It appears the revised programming started sometime during the 2014 model year and you will need to provide a VIN number to determine which unit you need if you have a 2014 model. This information should be accurate, but do your own research for sure as there appears to be a lot of confusion around the new Evoque applications.

Hope this helps and PM me if you would like the contact information.

Cheers

Member #
    You have a PM Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by cbracer View Post
    Yes please share the contact info for buying one. I'd be interested for sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads