Working on Tune for Evoque and some tranny enhancements

This is a discussion on Working on Tune for Evoque and some tranny enhancements within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; 1. Engine upgrade is the easy part. Should be at least what autobiograpgy was supposed to have, hopefully closer to 300. 2. Tranny improvements are ...

Member #

1. Engine upgrade is the easy part. Should be at least what autobiograpgy was supposed to have, hopefully closer to 300.
    2. Tranny improvements are my biggie. Am told I can remove downshift lockout while cornering.(what a stupid concept), and am talking about forcing downshifts instead of letting it NVH in the useless zone. Will keep y'all informed.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Any update?

Member #
    Yeah. I'd love to hear. I'd be a happy guy if I could get a timely downshift save for me working the paddles. At least the paddles are fun and proves the engine is willing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomadoug View Post
    Yeah. I'd love to hear. I'd be a happy guy if I could get a timely downshift save for me working the paddles. At least the paddles are fun and proves the engine is willing.
    As a previous owner of a 2013 6 spd. Evoque. Not much you can do about the shifting other than using the paddles to compensate. Make certain your in 'S' position on the selector. Its frustrating as the car has so much potential and the shift points work against performance driving. There is a bit of a learning curve to the transmission response — frequent shifting aggressively with the paddles does slightly improve the shift points. The motor has a great linear feel. Land Rover really screwed this up as they decided a couple mpg. more was worth the sacrifice of driveability. I waited since 2013 for a hint or rumor of a performance version of the Evoque, as the 2.0 Ford Ecoboost had gone through several performance advancements by Ford but it never happened in our Evoque. Seems they were more interested in bringing a convertible version to market rather than address performance concerns. Its still at 240hp after all these years. I traded my Evoque Coupe in (I still loved driving it) a short while ago for a slightly used 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo — for a bit less than the price of a loaded 2017 Evoque. Performance issue solved.
    Last edited by mstraka; 01-21-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Member #
    theirs a lot out their on the 9spd trans problems the biggest thing I found to help in understand how to shift the trans is the placement of a cog gear that need to shift between 4 and 5 and I think 7 and 8 when that happens the ECU cuts power so to lane up the cogs the rest of the gears use a clutch after I had the last upgrade to the ECU it shift a lot better Range rover is doing a lot better at managing the zf9 transmission trans then other manufactures out their.

A nice explanation of the ZF 9 Speed

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...-on-the-leash/
    Last edited by Jimbo659; 01-26-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Ads