Evoque Tuning

Evoque Tuning

This is a discussion on Evoque Tuning within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I received an email, below, regarding tuning and thought I would pass it along. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by doing so. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Evoque Tuning

Member #

Evoque Tuning

I received an email, below, regarding tuning and thought I would pass it along. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by doing so.

Rovingvic,

Hi, Brent here from ZipTuning North America. I have been poking around on the site to inquire in there is a demand/market for tuning the Evoque. I saw that you are the most active in this site so I thought I would contact you as it appears you have your ear to the ground. If you would like to discuss tuning for this platform here is my email address [email protected] and our website Tuning files - Chip Tuning files | ZIPtuning.com have a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Brent,

There are people interested in tuning their Evoques. Many owners with the 9 speed transmissions (2014 and newer) are not happy with the performance or the shift points. Others would like to gain a few extra ponies. Most of these type of post can be found in the performance or maintenance sections of the forums.

Vic
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Thanks Vic. I'd be interested in learning about this. Hopefully, Brent posts here more.

Member #
    Hey!

Finally had my account approved. As mentioned in the PM, my name is Brent I am with Zip Tuning North America Tuning files - Chip Tuning files | ZIPtuning.com, located in Ottawa Canada and currently expanding into the US. I recently tuned/flashed/chipped a 2012 Evoque and it got me thinking if there is a tuning market for the Evoque? After some searching I came across this forum/community. There seams to be a great passion for this platform so I though I would offer tuning for the Evoque. Here are a few screen shots of the Dyno results from Zip Tuning and from the Flash I did on the local Evoque.

Zip Tuning is based out of the Netherlands, I am in control of the North American operations. All files/tunes are Dyno tested in the Netherlands and I test every file that is sent to North America. There are some tuning variables that do require testing, mainly safety and reliability. As most know European fuel is different from what we have here in North America. As Part of ANY new platform I always put the vehicle through its paces, to ensure reliability and most important safety. Some questions I get are "is the tune maxed out? Honest answer no it is not and that is done for safety reasons, sure we can push it a bit more but not at the cost of your engine. You will get very good performance gains and better fuel economy that is safe and tested. Since I help develop the Evoque for North America I am confident that you are getting a great and safe tune.

You will have to send your ECU to Zip Tuning North America located in Ottawa Canada (until we get our US operations up and running) I will flash the ECU and rush ship it back.

If you have any questions please feel free to post here or email [email protected]

Cheers!

Brent
    Jdub likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for the information, Brent. Initial questions I would have are: How hard is it to remove the ECU? Are there any compatibility or warranty issues we should be aware of? Should the vehicle go in for normal maintenance, is the dealer aware of the tune? What, if any, issues are there going back to OEM tune?
    Rovingvic and Jdub like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DVFlyer View Post
    Thanks for the information, Brent. Initial questions I would have are: How hard is it to remove the ECU? Are there any compatibility or warranty issues we should be aware of? Should the vehicle go in for normal maintenance, is the dealer aware of the tune? What, if any, issues are there going back to OEM tune?
    Removing the ECU in my opinion is not that difficult but I do this daily, it may take some patience but its not to bad. Honest answer in regards to the warranty is: If the tune is detected you will loose the warranty. Depending on the vehicle manufacturer some are more aggressive than other, Audi and BMW will flag you in a heart beat, Land Rover to be honest I am not sure, my advise is if you are concerned about the warranty do not tune/flash the ECU. You can always go back to stock I have a file on my server it gets backed up regularly head office has a copy on their server and it gets backed up, loosing the stock file is a very very slim chance. I know you guys do not know me very well as I am new here but I will always give you the honest answer even if it looses me business, I rather that than you finding out the hard way, that looks bad on me so I won't sugar coat it and I will shoot it to you straight.
    Rsquared likes this.

Member #
    Appreciate the honest answer. My guess is, when push comes to shove, any warranty issues would be limited to only those things specifically affected by the tune.

Member #
    That is my belief, difficult to blame a suspension issue if you installed a aftermarket stereo. As far as the tune goes it is somewhat on the conservative side for safety reasons.

Member #
    How does your platform differ from Jags at ETG and what he does?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    How does your platform differ from Jags at ETG and what he does?
    Honest answer? Most ECU Tuning if the tuner(S)/support team are good most should net about the same results under the same conditions. Then it comes down to price, service and support. I won't be a "salesman" I will shoot straight and I won't BS, I am hoping this approach is refreshing. Costs I match the Competition in Canadian dollars (return shipping included) if the cost of tuning is $995usd our cost is $740usd. (I use XE - The World's Trusted Currency Authority for exchange rates). I can be contacted on Facebook by email and Instagram.
    Last edited by ZipTuning; 03-07-2016 at 05:46 AM.
    Jdub likes this.

Member #
    Thanks. Any TCU work being looked at for the tranny?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads