Anti-freeze coolant leaking into engine.of brand new Range Rover Evoque.?

This is a discussion on Anti-freeze coolant leaking into engine.of brand new Range Rover Evoque.? within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; After about 5K miles, a warning light came on showing "Low coolant". Took it into dealership for it's first oil changed and noted the warning. ...

Member #

After about 5K miles, a warning light came on showing "Low coolant". Took it into dealership for it's first oil changed and noted the warning. They just called me and said they found coolant leaking into the engine because they found a couple of plugs. The exhaust smoked when I'd start it (grey smoke). They said there shouldn't be any problems because they've fixed the plugs and changed the oil. My gut tells me that any water residue inside the block, manifold or cylinders is going to cause problems down the road. They are telling me not so. What's the truth?autocom cdp?
    Last edited by lzy54610; 02-29-2016 at 04:15 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Check a thread titled attention to engine coolant in the maintenance section.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Wow they are still having this same issue even with the 2016?? This first popped up in the 2012 and I had issue with it in my 2013 but once they fixed under warranty, no trouble since. All it said was "low coolant" but drove just the same...

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    If you are still doubt, you can try asking other dealer to diagnose and see if problem may re occur or might worsen in the long run. Right now you can't do anything for its under warranty.

Member #
    Dealer should do a pressure test with your cooling system to determine where exactly the leak is coming from.

Ads