New parts are in

New parts are in

This is a discussion on New parts are in within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; So I have been networking with a company that I used during my Mustang build . They make a couple products for the sister company ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BeansEV

Thread: New parts are in

Member #

New parts are in

So I have been networking with a company that I used during my Mustang build . They make a couple products for the sister company that shares the same motor in a few platforms. So with a trip to see them in the Evoque we have came up with the much needed improvments all with out and tuning needs. They make the products and with a little install time we had made the pedal work and get rid of all the lag and also increase the boost all with out tuning or touching the ECU . The little 2.0L absolutely loves this improvement and I love the results very impressed . So at this point with a K&N drop in filter , Pedal Max and Boost Max the Evoque is completely different in power and feel . Corner exit acceleration is improved and acceleration period is night and day , pulling power is increased and you can feel the increase in power in the way it pulls you into the seat. The products are being produced and final fitment is being done and will be for sale soon online or via phone.

JMS BoostMAX-PedalMAX Combo Kit - JMS

If you call them please tell them Beans sent you , It was a fun experience to work with a manufacture and a couple cool guys that are total gear heads and love what they do !
    Ironhead2 likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Is this similar to the sprint booster?

Member #
    It is similar but they have been doing this for years and now they build them for the RR /E . I don't have experience with the Sprint set up but I have delt with JMS before and always have quality products.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Wish someone would share the technical details with things like throttle mapping curves and info so I know what I'm getting. The throttle is too lazy then too sensitive all at the same time in my 2015 evoque. What I'd really like is a linear throttle response, not a delayed take off like a bandit response. So when they advertise faster better response I just don't know what they are really saying

Member #
    sooo, there is nothing on the site about actual increase in performance. where are the results?

Member #
    With this set up the pedal and or the boost max can be controlled by a knob . As far as the pedal I have mine set at 75% and the boost to max which is 5lbs and 25hp increase at the feet. It is enough to feel it in the pull of the car on acceleration and the pedal can be tuned up or down to make it custom to your liking . I can say I am happy with it like this there is no lag on corner exit and from a dead stop it responds the way I would say is like having a cable operated pedal. They will have more on the website soon , as most companies the web sites lag alittle and a phone call is the way to get things going faster for yourself.

Member #
    In a nut shell the manufactures are setting the pedal delay to keep their warranty on their side. If the pedal responds slowly then the engine doesn't load the tranny , axles, clutch ( in some cases) , tires , etc... this keeps failures down on the warranty side . On our side we have issues merging into traffic , switching lanes and getting up to speed in traffic and from a side road getting moving into traffic . In most cases anymore we have no break in traffic to wait all day to have no cars on the road lol . Again these 2 parts are adjustable to liking . Also once installed you cant see the pedal max at all unless you leave your knob out or mount it someplace visible . The Boost max all depends on how you install it and mount it .

Member #
    Hmmm I'm just waiting for my first service as most manufacturers update the software on first service. I would like a remap to take it 354 lb-ft which I believe is the max torque the ZF 9HP can take. I also I looking to see if they can update the AT software to keep me close 1700 revs rather than 1400 revs in normal mode and 2k revs in sport mode.

I have seen a few Evoques with under-body armour/bash plates, mud tyres and off-road wheels. I believe there is also an air suspension kit to lift it up for off-roading. I was around the Lake District earlier this year where that kind of thing may come in-handy but my day to day driving doesn't really need that...

Ads