Kahn tuner module plug and play

Kahn tuner module plug and play

This is a discussion on Kahn tuner module plug and play within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; hi all Kahn has a new tuner module out that I bought has anyone out their ever installed a module and removed it to go ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Cool Kahn tuner module plug and play

hi all Kahn has a new tuner module out that I bought has anyone out their ever installed a module and removed it to go to the dealer for service I have been told that it puts every thing back to factory and is undetectable by the dealer once it is removed

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Jim, You might want to have a look at this thread on our forum, if you haven't already seen it.

https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/ev...upgrade-2.html

Member #
    thanks I will look it over its a lot of info it will tack some time to go thru it all

ok here's the scoop I installed it this morning took about an hour was not bad to install at all most the time I spent just trying to figure out where I was going to keep the unit I ended up sticking it back behind the airbox just laying on top of the fuse box seems to be nice and snug there

my 0 to 60 times before and after 8.1 before and 7.68 after not bad. Keep in mind I was doing these times in drive not sport mode and with my iPhone so they're not exact or probably the best times for the car but it's a good representation in comparison between before and after

I think the real plus though is that when you're on the freeway and you need to step it up to change lanes or pass a car it is a considerably smoother operation then before.
    now with the new power module it no longer has that need to totally lag and downshift three or four gears in order to power up to proceed with the lane change.

No more whip lash for me LOL now with the power module no downshift needed maybe if you hit it really hard it my drop down one gear it just seem to put the power out a lot smoother and stronger The turbo lag seems to be almost nonexistent.

I think if you're looking to improve the performance and drivability this is a five star improvement if you're looking for a car to take on the track or to dragrace with this is probably not the module for you but then again this is not the car for that

That being said I think if Range Rover had put this kind of output in the car right off the showroom floor they would sell a lot more Evoque
    Last edited by Jimbo659; 02-12-2017 at 07:51 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Are you still loving you Kahn Power module? I am considering for my new 2017 Evoque convertible. Turbo lag is atrocious.
    Also, were you able to go back to the original factory setting as advertised?

Member #
    Yes works great and all you Need to do is unplug it to go back to stock depending on what you are going to the dellership for you can unplug all the harness are jest pull the module and plunge the dummy bypass in and hide the wires

Member #
    Thank you. I am not a "car guy" and am a little afraid about installation. Any advice with this?

Member #
    If you're not comfortable installing it yourself I would suggest you go to a local tune shop and they can do it for you it's not that hard to install you just have to plug into the intercooler at the bottom right side if you're leaning over The front of the car it's hard to find but you can reach it without disassembling anything it is just tricky and you have to be good with your hand and the other one plugs into the manifold upper left I believe and all you have to do is remove the top Engine cover it's not a hard to install if you're good with your hands

I think any Ford tune shop would be a good pick if you can't find a Range Rover shop
    Last edited by Jimbo659; 05-01-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Member #
    If you have a friend that is good with cars that can help that should be good enough
    I just remembered that I removed the airbox to make it easier to reach the sensor at the bottom of the Intercooler
    Last edited by Jimbo659; 05-01-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Member #
    Did you buy straight from the Kahn website? I’m in the US, that’s why I ask. I’m considering this, or the racechip. The improved fuel inconomy is what is most interesting to me

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigo View Post
    Did you buy straight from the Kahn website? I’m in the US, that’s why I ask. I’m considering this, or the racechip. The improved fuel inconomy is what is most interesting to me
    I bought directly from Kahn. I spoke to them first. Very helpful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads