Racechip std +25% chip tuning landrover gasoline evoque

This is a discussion on Racechip std +25% chip tuning landrover gasoline evoque within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; fake or real? RACECHIP STD +25% CHIP TUNING LANDROVER GASOLINE EVOQUE | eBay t=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d00 ba2eec&vxp=mtr...

Member #

fake or real?

RACECHIP STD +25% CHIP TUNING LANDROVER GASOLINE EVOQUE | eBay t=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d00 ba2eec&vxp=mtr

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    It's great to read the numbers for a BMW. However, where are the dyno results for the Evoque?

Member #
    I to would like to see the dyno numbers, torque and hp curve.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    All they do is have little resistors that fool your ECU into doing sketchy things which can be very dangerous for your engine. It doesn't actually tune or remap anything. Others just mess with the drive by wire systems to make it feel faster by altering the throttle sensitivity. Either way I wouldn't fit one of these to my bicycle much less a RR.

Member #
    little resistors that fool your....
    That's a lot of cash for some resistors! I've read some of the more economical ones are just that, but I've also read some of these tuners are microcontrollers that take demand signals, do a lookup table enhancement, and then put out the more aggressive signals to the ECU. I'm personally still waiting for a tuning widget that improves gas mileage 50% for my diesel truck more than I'm looking for more power so I'm probably not a candidate for something like this anytime soon either. It seems intuitive that these things more typically cost you MPGs if they're over scheduling fuel to give you a boost feeling.

I see there's a Pro and an Ultimate version of Racechip out there too for the Evoque:
    Chiptuning RaceChip - Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Si4, 1999ccm, 177kW (ca.241PS)

Do these things really open up inaccessible engine scheduling ranges or zones? Or do they just input a more aggressive demand signals in ranges we already have available? It couldn't be that they basically just make smaller pedal input give you a larger demand gain or I could just train my foot to be more aggressive right?

Member #
    Tuners for Gas and Diesel are very different. You will never get a tuner to give a gas engine the increase in torque and HP that you can get for a Diesel.

My 01 Duramax for exmple was 300 hp stock with 520 torque or so. With the Edge can bus tuner I was putting down 650 torque and 360 HP. I put 125,xxx miles on the truck with that tuner. It did improve my mpg, by 2mpg, as long as I drove it like I did stock. If I kept my foot in it all the time, it got worse than stock.

My 06 duramax with tuner I am over 750 torque Yes I can smoke all six tires. I can also haul 12,500 pounds of trailer up Fancy Gap, one of the steepest grades on the east cost at 75mph, wich is ten over the posted limit. Nothing east of the Mississippi slows me under the speed limit, even with a 12K plus load.

Gas you will never see 100 plus torque increase from a turner. Lucky if you see and honest 30 foot pound increase in torque.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    I guess the only way of knowing is to buy one and break it open but I'm not willing to take that risk. I've never heard of the company nor know anyone that has used it so I tend to be weary and stick with known brands. I hear Kahn is supposed to release some tuning packages for the Evoque. According to this article it should debut in July, cant imagine it would be cheap though:
    Kahn Teases More Aggressive RS250 Range Rover Evoque Tune - Carscoop

I'd be more curious to see how close we are to maxing out the factory injectors, something tells me there probably isn't much more leeway to raise boost/fuel but then again I'm new to the brand and haven't done much research. Hopefully the aftermarket picks up.

Ads