H&R Springs and wheels powder coated.

This is a discussion on H&R Springs and wheels powder coated. within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I finally had a chance to get my lowering springs installed and my wheels powder coated Satin Black. Looks and rides great! Here is a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: H&R Springs and wheels powder coated.

Member #

I finally had a chance to get my lowering springs installed and my wheels powder coated Satin Black. Looks and rides great! Here is a before and after pic the shop took.

Name:  91848D48-0E71-406E-9925-19CB04E08097.jpeg
Views: 465
Size:  1.34 MB
    wungun likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Looking good!

Member #
    Thanks! It drives so much more planted and stable as well. I’m really digging it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #

Camber

Quote Originally Posted by Surquhar View Post
    I finally had a chance to get my lowering springs installed and my wheels powder coated Satin Black. Looks and rides great! Here is a before and after pic the shop took.

Name:  91848D48-0E71-406E-9925-19CB04E08097.jpeg
Views: 465
Size:  1.34 MB
    Any issues with camber?

Member #
    I had a alignment done at the dealer after install and no issues. Drives great.

Member #
    Is the ride much harsher?

Member #
    I had a alignment done at the dealer after install and no issues. Drives great.
    Just had my 13 lowered on H&R's (30mm)...
    Shop was at it for 11 hrs! Dropped all 4 knuckles to get the struts out...

Anyway, I asked the to check the alignment when they finished... They said it was fine.
    So I'm drive on the highway, and the rearend is totally unstable at speed! The faster, the worse it gets. Changing lanes briskly at 120km/h caused the stability control to kick in!
    Front end steers quick and precise, and the rear sways out to follow, real lazy like... Like it was a trailer or something.

It's back in the shop... They either didn't tighten something, or when they checked the alignment, they didn't roll the car forward and back to settle the suspension...
    I would think an off roader with lowering springs would cause major alignment issues.
    Just hope they have it all addressed tomorrow!

So to jack your thread....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by indyhavoc View Post
    Is the ride much harsher?
    Just a bit. I thought it was pretty loose stock so i really like it. It’s still very comfortable and RR like.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wungun View Post
    Just had my 13 lowered on H&R's (30mm)...
    Shop was at it for 11 hrs! Dropped all 4 knuckles to get the struts out...

Anyway, I asked the to check the alignment when they finished... They said it was fine.
    So I'm drive on the highway, and the rearend is totally unstable at speed! The faster, the worse it gets. Changing lanes briskly at 120km/h caused the stability control to kick in!
    Front end steers quick and precise, and the rear sways out to follow, real lazy like... Like it was a trailer or something.

It's back in the shop... They either didn't tighten something, or when they checked the alignment, they didn't roll the car forward and back to settle the suspension...
    I would think an off roader with lowering springs would cause major alignment issues.
    Just hope they have it all addressed tomorrow!

So to jack your thread....
    WOW! I would find a different shop. Mine took around 2.5 hours to install the springs. It drives perfect. I drove it for a couple of days before I took it in for the alignment, and i couldn’t tell the difference after. I’m loving it. And the shop I used is the one I use for my BMW mods, they have never worked on a RR before. I hope they get yours figured out. Good luck.

Member #
    WOW! I would find a different shop. Mine took around 2.5 hours to install the springs. It drives perfect. I drove it for a couple of days before I took it in for the alignment, and i couldn’t tell the difference after. I’m loving it. And the shop I used is the one I use for my BMW mods, they have never worked on a RR before. I hope they get yours figured out. Good luck.
    Turns out one of the spindles worked it's way out of the bearing slightly...?
    Replacing the bearings didn't fix the slop... But then the shop removed the knuckle and repressed the spindle into the bearing. Apparently there was a gap compared to the other side.
    Now it's all good! Alignment checked out.
    To replace the springs, the shop should of used threaded spring compressors on the OE springs while the struts were in the car. Otherwise, the knuckles have to come right off because they can't be dropped far enough to clear the strut from the knuckle.
    You must have some knowledgeable guys in your shop! 2.5hrs!?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads