Ride Height Leveling Suspension Upgrade?

This is a discussion on Ride Height Leveling Suspension Upgrade? within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; 2017 HSE Dynamic I just took delivery of my High Camp teardrop trailer ( https://www.highcamptrailers.com/) which is ~1,600 lbs (dry) and ~270lbs tongue weight (dry). ...

Member #

2017 HSE Dynamic

I just took delivery of my High Camp teardrop trailer (https://www.highcamptrailers.com/) which is ~1,600 lbs (dry) and ~270lbs tongue weight (dry). Surprisingly this low tongue weight still causes the rear end to drop slightly and I expect the drop to increase once the trailer and its roof rack are fully loaded. I checked the 3 major USA air suspension manufacturers (Firestone Ride-Rite, Air Lift and Hellwig Suspension) but none have kits for the Evoque, or any Land Rover for that matter.

Has anyone out there found a solution for this problem? I'm not set on air bag based leveling systems and am open to adjustable struts, springs, etc. My only requirement is that the system allow the ride height to return to normal since majority of miles will be sans trailer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. # ADS
    Ads

CG1
    Member #
    You'll likely have to design/source a rear setup yourself. Both ends of the car run coilover struts, making the bags a little more tricky, since they have to seal on the shock body/shaft itself. Apart from a full bagged system, I doubt there are any simple options to accomplish the end result you're seeking.

Ads