GFB DV+ Review

GFB DV+ Review

This is a discussion on GFB DV+ Review within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Hey guys thought id review the DV+. First impressions Upon first impressions I didnt think much of it. I figured I needed a new diverter ...

Thread: GFB DV+ Review

Member #

GFB DV+ Review

Hey guys thought id review the DV+.

First impressions
    Upon first impressions I didnt think much of it. I figured I needed a new diverter valve that would hold boost better when I got tune. Boy was I wrong. On the stock tuning the Spool time was significantly reduced. It felt like the spool was half the time it would normally take. On the first pull 0-50 I hit 16 psi off the bat, Granted I also have Radium Engineering oil separator plate with a none leak valve, I also blocked off the sound maker, which left unmodified can be attributed to a loss in boost. At the same time I also walnut blasted my intake valves. Unfortuantely, I havent test it much at high speeds yet due to the weather and traffic.

Theory
    GFB claims a 30% spool time reduction. The theory behind the Dv+ is that the stock diverter valve is not only weak, but it also leaks and can easily fail. Additionally, the valve can only turns itself on and off. The Dv+ on the other hand progressively vents at different rates to equalize the pressure.

Here to stay
    The Dv+ can be fine tuned so your able to find that perfect medium via a screw, so there is almost hundreds of variables. I have found 2 revolutions out from the screw completely tightened has been the best. However, I am still experimenting.

Cons

While the install is straight forward. If you get unlucky the bolt that holds the drive shaft can be oriented in a wrong way and you wont be able to get a 5mm hex socket in. Instead youll have to find a 5mm allen key and turn it by hand(easier said then done, it took around 30mins each time to unscrew and screw it back in)

Land Rover had a fail moment on the evap hose that connects right before the intake manifold. Basically, the clip is really a clip it doesnt clip. When you install this valve, the pipe will randomly give out and pop off. This will cause you to stall. the fix was simple find another clip( that actually clips) and put a clamp so it will always stay on.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    What was the GFB DV+ model number? Did you install yourself? If so, How long did it take? Any special tools? cheers Max

Member #
    I apologize forgot to add that this will work only in models with the 2L ecoboost engines. The model number is T9354. The install is very straight forward should take about 2 hours or so youll need regular pliers or hose clamp 5mm hex socket and 5mm hex key.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Bugger, I have the 2.2l TD so will not work.

Ads