A really loud, disturbing and dangerous alarm inside my evoque!!!

A really loud, disturbing and dangerous alarm inside my evoque!!!

This is a discussion on A really loud, disturbing and dangerous alarm inside my evoque!!! within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; Last night I left the office at night, I was driving and talking on the phone with my mother (obviously with the Bluetooth on the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By malharden

Thread: A really loud, disturbing and dangerous alarm inside my evoque!!!

Member #

Exclamation A really loud, disturbing and dangerous alarm inside my evoque!!!

Last night I left the office at night, I was driving and talking on the phone with my mother (obviously with the Bluetooth on the car), when suddenly an alarm sound inside the whole car. Believe I have never heard something like that EVER! Not on this car and not even on the fire department! It was awful, too loud, scary and it totally shocked me. I had to pull over, try to understand from where it was coming and no luck at all. I could only hear my mother from the other side of the phone screaming: what in earth is happening? Is that a fire alarm? Why doesn’t it stop? You are making me nervous!!!!”

It never stopped and oddly it was only on the interior of the car. I turned the car off and it stopped.

When I turn it on again, a text appeared on the computer saying that I needed to take my car to service in the next 19 days!

Seriously???? I don’t think that alert is related to the sound. Has it ever happened to you??

Today the dealership came to pick up my car for service. I only have 4,000 miles but its first birthday comes at the end of the month.

The dealership told me that the car does not issue an alarm for that.

And second, why would the car remind me of the service if my service is not up until the end of the month?

Weird….scary weird!!!!!!!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have to be the one to ask.....and us long-time owners will laugh at this.....did a song you really enjoy happen to be on your Satellite Radio at the time?
    Evocurious likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by malharden View Post
    I have to be the one to ask.....and us long-time owners will laugh at this.....did a song you really enjoy happen to be on your Satellite Radio at the time?
    Not at all, as I mentioned on my post, I was on the phone and using the Bluetooth on the car

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Onboard bluetooth device mic/speaker feedback?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by malharden View Post
    hehe...That was my first thought too!

Let us know if the alarm happens again. Obviously disturbing, and have not heard of this on any forum so far. Yikes!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Sid
    Member #
    @melharden - that's the only alarm I've heard in mine. Maybe it was the combination of the "favorite" coming on the radio and the use of the bluetooth at the same time? And, if the in call volume is turned up (which I have to do to hear people speak) that could have been a contibuting factor.

Member #
    My wife just had this same thing happen to her. Sounds like identical circumstances. Has anyone ever figured this out?

Ads