Evoque with upgraded Turbo?

This is a discussion on Evoque with upgraded Turbo? within the Evoque Performance forums, part of the Land Rover Evoque Garage category; I wonder how long it will be before we start to see alot of aftermarket upgrades available for the Evoque. Having owned many turbo cars ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Evoque with upgraded Turbo?

Member #

I wonder how long it will be before we start to see alot of aftermarket upgrades available for the Evoque. Having owned many turbo cars and upgrading every single one of them, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for all performance upgrades.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #

Checkout the latest Reviews!!!

Review from News of the Worldhttp://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw/_lifestyle/nollifestyle_motors/1263102/Test-drive-Range-Rover-Evoque.htmlLatest review from Top Gear!

Member #
    Agree. Probably will be a while.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    As every Land Rover and Jaguar vehicles are ROYAL for NOT having aftermarket parts in abundance, I would say it will be a long while, even for rims, it may take sometime.
    But maybe since TADA purchased them, it may become more abundant and cheaper as well, just hope that quality won't be scarified!

Regards,
    brazeagle

Member #
    I hope they come up with a larger turbo upgrade or even possibly a programmer to increase boost. It would be nice to see 300HP+ out of these amazing machines. Definitely would be more fun than they already are!!! A nice exhaust would also be nice too, nothing loud or annoying but something with a little grunt ya know? And the exhaust could add a few ponies too? Could be a fun thing to see how far they will go with this ride, it's so hot and popular I think this could end up being more exciting than we all expect????
    Last edited by JAMZEVO248; 01-22-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Member #
    Well, considering it's 2.0 turbo petrol motor is sourced from ford and ford is putting it in most their line up I don't think it will be long before there are mods to it for the evoque... Hell, fords even releasing it as a crate motor option!

Member #
    I was checking a few things out online and Ford's new Focus ST will have a turbo 2.0 pushing a little more than 270hp, I even saw that the new 2013 Fusion may have a 300hp version of the 2.0 turbo? So I am positive there will be plenty of things to do with these engines in the next year or so. I would love to have mine pushing 300hp for sure. It has enough grunt for how small it is now so I'm not complaining but more power is always a great thing to have. Can Not Wait!!!
    mbianchi27 likes this.

Member #
    There's this German tuning company named Arden who modified an Evoque with a high-flow cat and exhaust and claims an increase of 30 hp. Arden Range Rover Evoque

However, on the Arden website, they only talk about ECU remapping for the 2.2L diesel engine. No mention of this exhaust system or ECU tuning for the 2.0L gasoline engine.

Member #
    Sent a message to Arden asking if they have any plans for the gasoline Evoques. We'll see. I'd love to chip the turbocharger.

Member #
    Folks,
    Sent out three emails asking if anyone had a turbo upgrade for the Evoques yet. The only one that responded properly was Arden. Said they need a car for 10-14 days so they were not optomistic about development. Stay away from an outfit called performancetuningchip.com. They claim they already have one but when asked particulars they simply responded vaugely and with contradiction.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads