seriously considering the Pure Plus...

This is a discussion on seriously considering the Pure Plus... within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello all, I've just joined this forum in the hopes of learning from current owners. I've loved the Evoque since I first saw it in ...

Member #

Hello all,
    I've just joined this forum in the hopes of learning from current owners.

I've loved the Evoque since I first saw it in an auto mag! When I saw one live, it reaffirmed that it was an outstanding design (there are times photos and the actual car itself don't align). I have loved cars since I was a child. When other girls were buying Barbie's, I was buying Hot Wheels.

Anyway, I currently have ~6 months left on my Infiniti EX35 lease. I'm paying $450/mo. Prior to that I leased an X3, for about the same $.

I finally test drove the Evoque yesterday, and it was everything I expected! Limited cargo room is no big deal, as it's just me and my Boxer. Poor visibility, I also own a Z3 Roadster, so understand that issue when the top's up.

What I was prepared for is the initial monthly lease #s! 36 month lease, 10,000k miles per year, $1500 down resulting in a $589 + taxes monthly payment! Wow! I would obviously work to negotiate that down, and show other dealers, but wow! Thoughts?

Now don't shoot me, but I'm also curious to see the new Jeep Cherokee. I realize there's huge differences in the brands themselves (luxury vs US). at the end of the day, both brands are very versatile off-road. The new Jeep is also supposed to offer much better gas mileage without the need fro premium fuel? Now I'm being practical.

Very curious to here people's thoughts!

Thanks,
    MK

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    The recent new adds for the 2014 Jeeps look interesting, but let's face it, they're not Range Rovers. The 2014 Range Rover Sport looks much like the Evoque, which is also very interesting and reasonably priced for the V6 version. Nice to have so many good choices.

Member #
    I have a 2013 Dynamic with the magnetic suspension. One of the main reasons I bought the car. However I am coming from a full size Range and it was just getting real clunky around the city (Los Angeles). My wife has a sport so I opted for the Evoque as my personal car. At the same time my son bought a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it's a damned good car that we all like. Jeep was owned for a while by Mercedes and now has a lot of aluminum panels to cut the weight. Currently owned by Fiat, they've made it into a real world class car. A lot of off-road capabilities, etc. That being said, it's still too huge for me. The level of luxury is not the same as the RR, and I find the Nav screen a bit small.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    With all the Evoque issues, I wound up purchasing a 2013 LR 2 HSE. About $10,000 less than Evoque with more interior room, although less interior luxury. Had it now for a month and 900 miles. Tons of fun off road since purchase. Averaging only 18.5 mpg in slow city driving with air. The 2013 LR 2 was just the size I needed and upgraded this year with the 2 L Evoque engine with entertainment system and NAV. Engine very peppy and great jandling. No issues whatever so far. Standard Xenon headlights with signature LEDs. Rear camera and split moonroof, which opens. Only comparable off road vehicle is Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, but interior comfort in Jeep is nonexistent. Couldn't be happier and love this SIV MORE EACH DAY!!!

Member #
    I'm a car enthusiast as well. I have a 2013 Volt and 2012 GLK350 AMT and was eying the Evoque for about 4 months. i spent ~2 months searching throughout CA until a San Jose Dealer found my Fuji/tan pure plus premium with climate comfort package (had to ship it from Seattle). Love the Evoque for its sexy appearance, handling and HID signature lighting. Wished the panoramic roof was a true sunroof (my current GLK350 and prior 2009 Maxima both have / had panoramic with sunroof so there is design precedence) but there are so many positives with this vehicle that it easily makes up for any shortfalls. Can't help you on the cost side but I certainly paid more than what you have listed (perhaps the difference is with pure / pure plus vs premium?). I would highly recommend getting the RR Evoque over the Chrysler Jeep. There is a hint of opulence combined with practicality knowing I can take this vechicle offroading anytime I want feeling that is hard to compare.

Ads