Diesel engine heater (webasto) and other details

This is a discussion on Diesel engine heater (webasto) and other details within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all! Tried to use the forum search tool but couldn't find any info concerning the engine heaters. It seems the Evoque available in this ...

Member #

Hi all!

Tried to use the forum search tool but couldn't find any info concerning the engine heaters. It seems the Evoque available in this market area comes with a diesel engine heater (webasto) as standard. However, it's mainly for providing additional heat for the cabin if it gets a bit chilly as these modern diesels don't seem to produce much residual heat anymore..

The brochure says that the heater can also be pre-programmed through the touch screen:

There is also timed climate**†, where the timer can be programmed with a recurring seven day calendar or with a single event that is up to 16 days in the future. This allows the vehicle to be pre-heated or cooled as required. (†Available in certain markets only. **Only available on vehicles fitted with Touch-screen.)

Now, I wonder if I would also need the optional remote control (quite expensive) to be able to pre-heat the engine and the cabin? Or, if I can just pre-program the webasto through the touch screen for instance the night before..?

The dealer said I'd have to get the remote control to be able to pre-heat the engine, but the brochure leads to believe otherwise.

Another thing is that I'm quite tall. The standard seats could provide slightly better support for the legs by either going more backwards or tilting a bit more from the front edge. Just wondering, if the Dynamic Plus sports seats offer better support for the legs and if any of the options available (in addition to the sports seats) offer height/tilt adjustments for the front passengers?

Thus far I've been going back and forth with either the X3, XC60 or the Q5 - but now as the Evoque is going to be updated for MY2014, it caught my attention. Even though it's smaller than the rivals, it seems to have less small annoying things than for instance the Swedish or German counterparts (being also the newest model doesn't hurt at all)

Also, would anyone happen to know more about the coming interior updates for MY2014?

Thanks a lot for any additional information (might have some more questions as the contemplation process goes forward)!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RR_Evoque View Post
    Also, would anyone happen to know more about the coming interior updates for MY2014?
    The press information refers to "new color options for the interior" so it doesn't sound like much for the interior (aside from buttons for the new tech or something like that).

Member #
    Ok, thanks! Heard somewhere, that the new brochures/prices and webpages would be launched perhaps already this week.

Would anyone have any experience concerning the park heater?

Ads