Extended Warranty

Extended Warranty

This is a discussion on Extended Warranty within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi All, I just want to get an advise if I shall purchase the 2year extended warranty on my newly purchased evoque which is valued ...

Member #

Extended Warranty

Hi All,

I just want to get an advise if I shall purchase the 2year extended warranty on my newly purchased evoque which is valued at $2400? Any response will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    any replies or feedbacks will be really appreciated as I am torn in getting the warranty or not. thanks.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jgutz View Post
    any replies or feedbacks will be really appreciated as I am torn in getting the warranty or not. thanks.
    I would put the $2400 back in a separate account and then use it for repairs IF they come up. This way if you had a problem in year 7 or 8 of ownership, assuming you are going to keep the
    vehicle that long, you would have that money to help with the repairs. If you buy the warranty, once you pass year six the money is gone!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I would check with your insurance company first and see if they offer a bumper to bumper warrantee. My company will cover anything for up to 70K miles. It only costs about $5 extra per month. I used the warrantee on another car once. The car would not pass inspection due to some bad front ball joints. It saved me a lot of money.

Rob

Member #
    Thank you both. It does make sense to keep the money and used it after 3 years if there are any repairs because it will be capped priced servicing anyway during that warranty period.

Member #
    Depends on how long ou plan to keep it. The manufacture warranty is 4yr, 50k miles. If you are a serious off-roader then I say yes, gets the extended warranty. Otherwise, bank the money and set it aside like mentioned above.

Ads