Lease 2014 vs 2013

Lease 2014 vs 2013

This is a discussion on Lease 2014 vs 2013 within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all. Really been enjoying a lot of the info on this forum. I getting ready to make the move on a new Evoque. Now ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Lease 2014 vs 2013

Hi all. Really been enjoying a lot of the info on this forum. I getting ready to make the move on a new Evoque. Now that the 2014 are here, I'm wondering whether to try to get a good deal on a 13 or maybe wait another month or two and get a 14. My sales guy, of course, tells me it's unlikely they will do deals on the 14 soon but I've seen the same offer for 13s for the last few months now. I'm really interested in the new transmission as I have always owned manual cars and feel sad the manual isn't available here. What's the 9 speed like vs the 6? I went to try to get a test drive last weekend but they said the cars were not prepped yet. I would think that the 14 would have a better residual on a lease being early in the model but let me know what you think. Current offer on 13 is 5k down 399 per month for 36 months 10k per year. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    HI Steev, I just bought a 2014. I went in with the intention of getting a 2013 lease but they had one 2014 on the lot and I really just decided that I wanted the new 9spd. Tranny. I can't say that I felt a big difference in driving both but honestly the 2014 is a little peppier and gets better gas mileage. Also, I think a later year might have a little more reliability overall. Also, better resale. It turns out that although the lease was available same as the 2013, I ended up with a finance through Connex credit union. The dealer came back with that as an option and the deal was really good. Ultimately, you get more standard equipment on the 2014 as well. The Pure PLUS gives you almost everything you could want- heated steering wheel, heated front and back seats, rear camera, 2 tone interior, power seats, navigation, a great Meridian stereo. The car also came in with full moonroof, serius radio, blue tooth, etc. So basically there seems to be no reason to spend a lot more and get the upper level models because the plus seems to put together pretty much all the luxury stuff you would want. I guess I'm just really glad I got the 2014 and I think you might feel the same way. I bought mine at Land Rover of Farmington valley (Mitchell group), in Canton CT. Not sure where you live but I did well there and they were super easy to deal with, fewest sales games. Good luck.

Bam
    Member #
    Hi All, just test rode a 2013 last night and they gave me some schpeil that the 2014's are going to skyrocket in price. I didn't believe them. Just out of curiosity is $575 perm month for a 3/year 15k per year with 1.5k down reasonable for a pure plus???

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Concerning the 2013 lease quote, that price is ridiculously low. Please give me the name and number of the dealer so I can check it out myself.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ggolds5 View Post
    Ultimately, you get more standard equipment on the 2014 as well. The Pure PLUS gives you almost everything you could want- heated steering wheel, heated front and back seats, rear camera, 2 tone interior, power seats, navigation, a great Meridian stereo. The car also came in with full moonroof, serius radio, blue tooth, etc.
    Hey guys, 2014 Evoque Pure Plus owner here. I hate for my first post to be a correction, but I don't want anyone to be misinformed. ggolds5 has said that the Pure Plus comes with a heated steering wheel and heated seats. This is not true. I'm not sure what package you need to have that, but I can attest that my 2014 Pure Plus does not have a heated steering wheel nor seats.

I'd also like to chime in on the '13 vs '14 debate as it was an issue for me as well. I ultimately decided the savings I could get on a '13 would be offset by the increased resale value of the '14. Usually this isn't the case with a vehicle, but considering how significantly improved the '14 models are I'd say most buyers will not want anything older. I paid $45k for my Pure Plus with $5k down and at 72 month my payment is $718. To me it's worth the extra couple hundred to buy instead of lease...especially since I don't like to be limited on my mileage.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Hey guys, 2014 Evoque Pure Plus owner here. I hate for my first post to be a correction, but I don't want anyone to be misinformed. ggolds5 has said that the Pure Plus comes with a heated steering wheel and heated seats. This is not true. I'm not sure what package you need to have that, but I can attest that my 2014 Pure Plus does not have a heated steering wheel nor seats.
    I think ggolds5 meant Pure Premium, since he also mentions the nav system which on a Pure is only available if you cough up for the Premium package, and the package with heated seats & steering wheel is the Climate Comfort package.
    Delivered! MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red w/ Cirrus/Lunar interior, Climate Comfort & Vision Assist packages

Member #
    That deal sounds pretty fair. However, I would go back and say you don't want to put anything down at all. Just a sign and drive and you'll take the 3yr/15k plan as is but with nothing down at all. When they say no, walk out, slow, go through the doors, head like your going home , I get you youll be back in there in minutes with a deal pretty darn close to the one you want. Just don't back down. All dealers are hurting especially luxury brands so i promise LR is no different at all. Hold your ground. The 2014 aren't coming with harams that will love you long long time so relax, take your time and youll get your deal I'm sure. Get a 14 though, much better tranny. You'll love the car!!!.

Member #
    Thanks for the replies guys. After a bit of research I found a Baltic blue 13 pure plus I decided to go with. All that I have ever seen around here are Fuji white or black ones. I had another lease that was near the end and needed some tires. Went and drove both. 14 drove nice but I could not feel that much difference. The test drive was short though. I went back with my negotiating hat on, didn't listen to any tricks from the dealer and walked away with my car taken back, $3k total out and $500 per month for 36 mth with 12k per year. This includes all the taxes and fees. The dealer told me they were loosing money on the deal and I told them we didn't have to do anything. I got a really nice car now I'm happy with. Good luck to you all.

Member #
    Hi Everyone. To further clarify.The car I have is a Pure Plus. It does however have some things that the Premium usually has but came added to this vehicle. This one is a 2014. Pure Plus. It has the climate package/cold weather package. Heated seats and steering wheel. The navigation was included as was a backup camera. Also a full glass roof. I wanted a green one but that would mean waiting a few months according to the dealer and I needed to trade in 2 vehicles now. Both had loans on them. $5000 equity on one, $5000 minus equity on the other. Zeroing out both those cars. The deal I got was $0 down. 75 months. $753 a month. The Fuji white was on the floor. The only 14 they had on Dec 30 2013. About 3 weeks ago. A great time to buy a car buy the way, just before year end. If anyone would like more details on the option packages I can get the window sticker out of my glove box since I think the 14's have more features then the 13 as standard equipment. Everyone have fun with their Evoque. I'm getting mine "wrapped" on Wed. Trim, roof edges, and front and rear bumper areas in dark flat purple. Sounds crazy but I think it will look really different.

Bam
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoqueMe14 View Post
    Concerning the 2013 lease quote, that price is ridiculously low. Please give me the name and number of the dealer so I can check it out myself.
    Sorry, that was 675. typo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads