Why is the Evoque so expensive?

This is a discussion on Why is the Evoque so expensive? within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all! Before you start killing me, let me say that I have fallen in love with this car. I'm going to buy an SUV ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Why is the Evoque so expensive?

Member #

Hi all!

Before you start killing me, let me say that I have fallen in love with this car. I'm going to buy an SUV and there is really nothing in the market as beautiful as the Evoque.

The thing is that I don't know very much about cars, and I have been quite surprised about the price of this car compared to others on the same market segment (X3, Q3, etc), not to mention other lower end models....

Before trying to select my next car, I didn't even know that Land Rover was a prestigious brand, so I am struggling to justify myself that the Evoque is worth the extra money.

Please, I NEED YOU TO HELP ME BUY MY EVOQUE!!!

Informed opinions would be great, but emotional ones may help too

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    It's a luxury vehicle - buy a Porsche Macan instead if you need justification.
    VectorPilot likes this.

Member #
    Don't forget to add tbe cost of all wheel drive to the others. It's standard on the Rovers!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for the responses.

I know it's a luxury vehicle and that I can choose another vehicle if I wish. But I would like to hear from someone who actually knows about cars (not me) that it's a good car and a sensible purchase.

Thanks again for taking your time to read / answer.

Member #
    I can only speak for my own experiences, but I found while researching different vehicles, most other company's add ons cost more, and just about everything on the car, besides the engine, wheels, and body (including glass) are add ons. You would't be happy with a base model of an Audi, BMW, or Merc. With the Evoque Pure, a lot of stuff is included. I went about halfway, to the Pure Premium. Another thing to look at is servicing charges. While it isn't cheap to have the Evoque serviced, try servicing an Audi. Porsche is even more. Where I live, one sees Mercs, BMW's, and Audis all the time. Even three Teslas in town. Since I bought my Evoque in May, there is only one, mine.

Member #
    Before I owned my lovely evoque, i had a beat up 2000 camry, which i still miss btw! I was looking into all the other suv in the market, and found that if I am spending that kind of money on a car I better stand out! Buying an x3, q5, or even a GLK was just a mainstream, and wouldnt feel special enough. Yes they might have a lower starting price, but by the time you add those packages you are waaay up there. It took me 6 months to make up my decision, and at the end it came down to what do i get for my money, and to me the evoque was the winner by far, n btw i got the coupe too ! Which i will never get with any other brands! Except for jeeps!
    Plus, when you drive the evoque you feel that you are in command and its very nice inside! You will not be a happy camper if you like your tech, but who cares! You can do all the day to day connectivity with no issues! And in the back of my head am driving a range rover! You are basically driving the best of the best SUVs in the market!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Thank you AAA86 and markdartj!! Really helpful insights! And I really start to see what you mean. I have continue my investigations and it's true, a full equipped Q3 or X3 is more expensive than it seams, plus, there is no comparison esthetic-wise!!!

For me, the search is narrowing, and I am closer to be another happy Evoque owner. Basically I am trying to decide among three options:

1. Pure black 2013. 2.000Km
    2. Dynamic red / black coupe 2012, 13.000Km
    3. Prestige blue 2012, 20.000Km

The most beautiful is the red/black coupe, but I am a bit concerned about the discomfort of the two doors vs four. I know that most of the time one goes alone or with just another person, but still I have tried to get on the back seat and you almost have to be a professional athlete . Any experiences with the coupe??

Have a nice day!

Member #
    If its my choice, its gong to be either first or second option, as am pretty particular about Kms. , and then followed by price. 13 km is not bad at all and the first service is is not done yet, so you basically will now the inside and out of the car and if there is anything that needs to be fixed its usually done for free on the first service, depending on where you live of course.
    With regards to 2 vs 4 thats totally up to you and your lifestyle, nobody can answer that question except for yourself. In my case, for example i fell in love in the shape of the coupe, and am dont have any kids yet, so its only me and my wife. My wife wanted practicality but i went with my heart n picked the coupe, and you know what, i dont regret it a single bit, because i know that even if i picked the 4 doors and a coupe passed by, i will be sad at heart! Plus you only live once, you are buying the car for your own satisfaction not others, so if someone else wants to join you on a ride they better suck it up. Thats my take on 2vs.4. Dynamic is nice, n its pretty much loaded usually, so if price is not an issue the go for that! Then the pure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    I love my Coupe and wouldn't trade it for a 4 door. I was in a 2014 4 door for about 30 days and it was a little nicer than my coupe but I just couldn''t get excited about the 4 door. Maybe if I didn't already have the coupe.

I find most 2 door cars hard for anyone other than children to climb in the back seat. My only gripe is how slow the motorized one button activation moves the seat. I can get in the back seat much easier than the Mini Cooper S I had prior. Once in the back seat there is actually a fair amount of room!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Yes, Rovingvic, I noticed the same thing, the motorized button is too slow. Can you push the seat forward manually or you could end up breaking the electric engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Rovingvic View Post
    I love my Coupe and wouldn't trade it for a 4 door. I was in a 2014 4 door for about 30 days and it was a little nicer than my coupe but I just couldn''t get excited about the 4 door. Maybe if I didn't already have the coupe.

I find most 2 door cars hard for anyone other than children to climb in the back seat. My only gripe is how slow the motorized one button activation moves the seat. I can get in the back seat much easier than the Mini Cooper S I had prior. Once in the back seat there is actually a fair amount of room!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads