Too Late? Worth It?

Too Late? Worth It?

This is a discussion on Too Late? Worth It? within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello. New member here. Long time lurker but new member as I've placed my order for my new Evoque. Went back and forth several times ...

Member #

Too Late? Worth It?

Hello. New member here. Long time lurker but new member as I've placed my order for my new Evoque. Went back and forth several times on which trim level to get. In the end I couldn't pull the trigger to spend the extra money on the Prestige for the heated and cooled seats that I've always wanted. Now I'm kicking myself for not doing so. The delivery date is supposedly mid-June. Placed my order back in late March. Is it too late to make the switch? Also, is it worth the extra money going from the Pure Premium to the Prestige? Just curious on others thoughts and opinions. I'm sure either way I'm going to love the car when I get it. Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Congrats on your order. I have a Pure Premium and the only thing I wish it had was ventilated seats. It has heated seats which are nice, but not a great need for them in Southern California.

Member #
    I'm also in So. Cali, have never used my heated seats once. (Got "ventilated"). However, just for the sake of discussion, is there a reason you didn't consider the Dynamic? This may have changed, but when I bought mine (2013) it was the only model you could option with MagneRide which essentially turns this car into a sports sedan. I would swap MagneRide for the uber leather interior on the Prestige any day.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for the replies. I wanted the Dynamic as I love the styling...however...my wife was not a fan. I'm a big fan of hard angles on cars (I have a mint 1988 MR2) but my wife...not so much. She could not get past the exhaust ports on the back. So we settled on either the Pure Premium or the Prestige. We chose the Pure Premium as the cost difference just didn't seem worth it as the only upgrade we truly wanted was the ventilated seats. Everything else we wanted is on the Pure Premium.

I'm also concerned about the color choice. We went between the Aintree Green and the Lorie Blue. Ended up with the Blue. We didn't see either color as they didn't have any cars on the lot in those colors. I'm just hoping the Blue is a nice dark blue. From what it looks like in pictures, it is.

Was just in Australia...Evoque's are all over the place there...made me want ours even more! See very few around my hometown..which is good. When will June get here?!?

Member #
    I was also looking at Loire Blue. Went by a dealer who showed me a Jag that had a similar color. Great color.

Member #
    The magnaride suspension was a MUST have for me. Ride is not firmer, just more precise. They overinflated the 20's (36/32) for mileage and that's the source of firmness. As its just the wife and I driving unloaded I have found 34/30 to be an ideal setting. They are all nice but the dynamic is worth the cost because its a lot more than just a few accessories.Those shocks are VERY expensive! Unfortunately no vented seats on the Dynamic which was kind of odd at least in the coupe.

edit: sorry missed the wife overruled you part. Her happiness is far more important than yours........who's driving it???
    Last edited by ddsski; 07-09-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Ads