Is it not worth to wait for 2016?

This is a discussion on Is it not worth to wait for 2016? within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; My dealer says so when I enquired about it, but I am surprised by lack of posts about 2016 and people still buying 2015s... Why ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

My dealer says so when I enquired about it, but I am surprised by lack of posts about 2016 and people still buying 2015s...
    Why so?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Sometimes you can get a better price when the dealers are trying to clear out a particular model when a newer version is on the horizon. Often you will see consumers hold off on purchasing a new model until the bugs are worked out. That may be the case with the 2016 and the new line of motors.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Makes sense... Even the new infotainment system might not be that great, going by the reviews of discovery sport

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Its not like its ALL new. New headlights a few bells and whistles etc. Motor?? New->not necessarily a good thing esp getting tranny interface to behave.

Member #
    I've got a 2016 on order. I'm with you in that since it's so late into the model year, I'd rather get the newer model. The engine will remain the same for at least the first batch of 2016s headed to the states. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of 2015 orders, the 2016s may be delayed a month or two.
    2016 is also bringing a new pricing/naming scheme for the Evoque (SE/HSE vs Pure/Premium etc), MSRP on 2016 is also higher. For me, the biggest advantage of the 2016 MY will be the addition of remote start (not something that will be added to earlier models unfortunately).

Member #
    shortly after you wait for and get your MY2016, then they'll come out with the mid-year engine change, so perhaps you should wait for that. Or for the 2017, which will have some new features that you'll really want. Then again, you could always wait a little more for the 2018s.

it's a never ending game. really depends on when you need/want a new vehicle, and what's available.

I am going to wait for a few more months before I replace my iphone tho'. the new model should be available in the fall.

Member #
    Its the introduction of the diesel that I'm waiting for....in any Range Rover! They are WAYWAYWAY behind on this one in the US

Member #
    Any idea when the 2016 Evoque is suppose to hit dealer lots?

Member #
    @ddski late September or early October.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by morey000 View Post
    shortly after you wait for and get your MY2016, then they'll come out with the mid-year engine change, so perhaps you should wait for that. Or for the 2017, which will have some new features that you'll really want. Then again, you could always wait a little more for the 2018s.

it's a never ending game. really depends on when you need/want a new vehicle, and what's available.

I am going to wait for a few more months before I replace my iphone tho'. the new model should be available in the fall.
    I agree that there are changes every year, but you can't compare car with phone.
    2016 is considered a major refresh, not a 'mid cycle ' refresh. They didn't tinker with styling as it still looks great - why mess with a great design.

In general, you don't want to buy the last year model of previous generation.
    That's why Prius sales are down and Lexus rx350 were sold for 10k off ( not kidding) as every one is waiting for next year model.
    Also, in automotive world there are few milestones you don't want to miss - last one was when every car mfr made safety features. Now it's all about active safety features, even higher mpg and phone connectivity. 2016 year when every manufacturer should offer Android auto or car play with new redesigns. It's also year active and passive safety features becomes standard or cheap addons ( ex: see new Acura lineup - options which would cost 5k before are now just 1k more ).

I've used Android auto and it will put every other system to shame....

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads