2016 Purchase

2016 Purchase

This is a discussion on 2016 Purchase within the Evoque Purchasing forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi, new to the forums- was hoping to get some opinions on my upcoming 2016 Evoque purchase. LR has tweaked the pricing and model layout ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By William

Thread: 2016 Purchase

Member #

Question 2016 Purchase

Hi, new to the forums- was hoping to get some opinions on my upcoming 2016 Evoque purchase.
    LR has tweaked the pricing and model layout for 2016 to align with the rest of the RR lineup- SE, SE Premium, HSE, HSE Dynamic, Autobiography(being released later in 2016).
    The higher end models (HSE/HSE Dynamic) no longer come standard with options such as the surround camera, 17 speaker Meridian surround system, 20" wheels and perpendicular/advanced park assist. The missing options are available as part of various packages, which when added- bring up the price considerably compared to a similarly equipped 2015MY.

I'm considering purchasing either an HSE Dynamic, HSE or SE Premium. Two of my big concerns are:
    -Is the adaptive dynamics worth it? I know the Magneride system offers stiffer handling for more spirited driving, but is it better as far as ride quality over a rough road vs the standard system?
    -How much better is the 17 speaker Meridian system over the 11 speaker Meridian system?

Thanks in advance for your insights, look forward to contributing to the forum.
    -Will
    richardsun likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Magneride is the single most important upgrade of entire car IMHO. Not stiffer, more controlled. Awesome handling!!! The stiffer part is the overinflated 20's. I've mentioned elsewhre, running them at 34/30 removes that extra stiffness with no ill affects. They went a bit overboard with the mpg tricks such as tranny shifting at rpms far too low for a 4 banger etc. First vehicle i've ever owned that I ALWAYS drive in sport mode.

Member #
    I'm leaning towards the HSE Dynamic w/Magneride, one of my concerns is future maintenance. I'm guessing it's safe to assume that with the more complex Magneride system, repairs will be significantly more expensive. With that being said, do you know what is the reliablility/durability of the Magneride v conventional springs?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    On the vettes etc, their durability has far exceeded normal shock life. So unless you [plan on keeping them for more than 100K, don't worry. Otherwise, they change out just like any other strut/shock.

Member #
    MagneRide is an automotive adaptive suspension with Magnetorheological damper system developed by the Delphi Automotive corporation[1][2] and now owned by Beijing West Industries that utilizes magnetically controlled dampers, or shock absorbers, for a highly adaptive ride. As opposed to traditional suspension systems, MagneRide has no mechanical valves or small moving parts that can wear out.[3] This system consists of four monotube dampers, one on each corner of the vehicle, a sensor set, and an ECU (electronic control unit) to maintain the system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagneRide
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Good to know, thanks for the feedback! Now the only question left is do I spring for the driver assistance+ package? (HUD, LED lights, adaptive cruise control) - $3400.
    I'll probably skip the driver assistance package (surround cam, park assist, lane keeping aid, traffic sign recognition) - $2100.

Member #
    As for the sound, the 17 speaker with the Meridian setting was awesome! But the normal stereo the 380w they call it sucks. It's what I have with my Pure Plus, wish I'd gotten the Premium now. The sound system and adaptive headlights were SO much better. Can't comment on the Magne suspension.

Ads